Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   PT Control Tracks View & VCA Spill is now here! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=370549)

Tom Graham 08-06-2015 10:49 AM

PT Control Tracks View & VCA Spill is now here!

Hey All,

New powerful functionality added to S3 with EuCon 3.3 and the PT Control iOS App!
  1. Tracks View on PT Control app gives you improved ability to navigate like S6
  2. Recall Layouts from the iOS App by name
  3. VCA Spill now on the surface - Single Spill mode (double press Select) places the VCA Master on channelstrip 16 and then the members can be banked around it. This is the first time we've offered VCA spill on a surface less than $22k!
  4. There is a way to show (MultiMasters mode press Left and Right banking) VCA's with 8 or 4 faders and then the spill zone will be 8 or 12 faders. VCA Masters can stay parked while you bank around the members.
  5. VCA Spill Recall - you can recall your last spilled VCA without having to bank or search. Press both Nudge Left and Nudge Right
Thanks,
Tom

megatracks 08-06-2015 12:53 PM

Re: PT Control Tracks View & VCA Spill is now here!

When is this available?

made 08-06-2015 01:42 PM

haven't tried it yet, but it sounds like you've put some brain into it. Good work!
Nice features to improve the S3! Thanks!

(then if you have time, please give us Postpro/Mixers the option to use the "Rec" keys for automation without having to press shift... ... and maybe custom knobsets... in the future... Thanks!

Wall2Wall 08-06-2015 01:48 PM

I may try one of these out for my home rig. Looks like Avid is putting some effort into its development. Didn't think that when I didn't see traditional transport controls.

Tom Graham 08-06-2015 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megatracks (Post 2282537)
When is this available?

Right now - it may take a few hours for all S3 owners to get the update in their Avid account or you can download the Free App, register and then get the link for EUCON 3.3.

megatracks 08-06-2015 04:43 PM

Thanks Tom. Appreciate the quick reply.

ha2dorff 08-06-2015 05:03 PM

PT Control Tracks View & VCA Spill is now here!

Thanks, Tom - it works sooooo great :)
Please bring my regards to everyone involved!

- Hans-Erik Zweidorff

J-S-Q 08-08-2015 10:36 AM

I'm away at the moment so haven't been able to try this update but can anyone tell me if it brings new functionality for Cubase users? Does the VCA spill function work with Cubase?

newyankee 08-10-2015 08:05 PM

I have EuControl 3.3 running with Cubase 8.0.20. It seems to have fixed my metering problem, but I don't think the VCA spill function works.

Be advised that VCA spill is new to me, but I tried "double press Select" for vca tracks and vca member tracks, and nothing happened.

I found the software developer's manual for Eucon, and it seems to me that VCA spill functionality would be on Steinberg's side to code in Cubase.

Southsidemusic 08-10-2015 08:07 PM

Yes VCA spill is a Pro Tools feature only as I understand it :-)