Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Trouble installing Pro Tools (Feature Transfer Error??) (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=267449)

sorenfgp 02-19-2010 07:20 AM

Trouble installing Pro Tools (Feature Transfer Error??)

Hello everyone

I just purchased an Mbox 2 with Pro Tools 8 LE included and have run into some problems... :(

When I try to install Pro Tools on my comp i get the following error message:

Feature Transfer Error

Component: Documentation - Plug-Ins
File: E:\Pro Tools LE Installer\data2.cab
Error: <- I don't know what this would be in english, but it says something with an I/O-unit failure

I have read somewhere on this forum that it could be a problem with my DVD, so I have tried to rip it to my disc and mounting, but I am not able to rip it succesfully no matter what ripping software I'm using. :S
Somewhere else I read that maybe I could get a downloadable version of Pro Tools off digidesigns website, but as the Pro Tools came with the Mbox 2 I'm not able to download it directly from their support page.

So have anyone experienced this or do anyone know why this is happening?

My system info is the following:

Dell Inspiron 1720
4056 MB RAM
Intel Core 2 duo 1.83 GHz

32-bit Windows Vista Home Premium SP1

Audio interface:
Mbox 2 with Pro Tools 8 LE

cwsand 02-19-2010 11:12 AM

Re: Trouble installing Pro Tools (Feature Transfer Error??)

Yeah it's either a bad disc or your drive just can't read it for some reason. You could try it on a different drive if you have one available and copy the files to a flash drive or over a network. Or you could contact Digi support and they will probably send you a download link.

sorenfgp 02-24-2010 07:22 AM

Ok, so you´re probably right about the corrupt DVD. I have tried to run the DVD on other computers with the same problem.

So for a week ago, I wrote a case to DigiDesign telling them about my problem, and have not yet recieved an answer!?!
I have also tried to call them, but It seems that within Denmark you can only call DigiDesign if you have a home telephone, and I only have a cell phone, so do anyone have any idea as to what I could do?

sw rec 02-24-2010 09:54 AM

If I'm not mistaken, once you buy the installer DVD you're also entitled to a DOWNLOAD, which seems to be a lot more reliable. Just that it takes a LOONNNNGGGGG time. (Over 3 hours on my dsl...)

sorenfgp 02-24-2010 10:36 AM

No it is not. I have bought it through a retailer and have recieved with my Mbox 2. You can only download it directly from digi designs website if you have purchased it through them directly, hence my problem... :(