Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Detach midi editor (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=281583)

Boe Larsen 09-07-2010 08:29 AM

Detach midi editor

Hi DUC

How is it that you detatch the midi-editor, so it doesn't come up as a part of the edit window when you double click a midi-part. I want it as a seperate window... it was like that 5mins ago... now I cant get it back :-)

Best,
Boe

tonwurm 09-07-2010 08:38 AM

Re: Detach midi editor

PT remembers, what kind of window was last opened and opens this again

'cntrl =' opens the midi-editor as a seperate window, if you then double-click on a midi-region, the seperate midi-window will come up again

Boe Larsen 09-07-2010 09:00 AM

Thanks. Saved my day :-)

dg27 08-12-2017 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonwurm (Post 1664464)
PT remembers, what kind of window was last opened and opens this again

'cntrl =' opens the midi-editor as a seperate window, if you then double-click on a midi-region, the seperate midi-window will come up again

I cannot for the life of me get this to work. I use two screens and despise when I accidentally open the MIDI window at the bottom of the Edit window. Usually I can get rid of it but I have been trying for half an hour and nothing works: I want it to open as a separate window as it normally does.

EdwardWilliam 08-13-2017 08:24 AM

You're referring to the docked MIDI window that is attached to the Edit window? Look right above the solo and mute (S - M) buttons in the docked MIDI window. Do you see two white arrows, one pointing left (or right) and one pointing down? Click the arrow pointing down to close the docked MIDI window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dg27 08-13-2017 12:41 PM

Yes--I meant the the docked window on the edit screen.

Thanks--I will try your suggestion Last night after closing it several times and restarting PT it eventually opened in a separate window.

I wish there was a way of setting a preference so that it always opens in a separate window.

EdwardWilliam 08-13-2017 08:48 PM

I rarely use the docked midi window, and as tonwurm described, the separate midi window opens when I double click a midi clip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

misterphoneman 09-20-2017 01:25 AM

Hi, I've played with the "Ctrl =" and also double clicking a midi clip in efforts to get a detached window and all that is fine but every time I select the "Open in MIDI Editor" tool, it still defers back to the docked window and I have to do those undocking steps all over again. Does anyone know how to turn the docking option off for good and make it work the way it used to??

dg27 02-10-2018 04:58 PM

I'm having the same issue right now.

The docked window is the stupidest feature I have found in PT. I find it completely pointless.

The double clicking in a midi region (for me at least) does not open the editor in a separate window.

musicman691 02-11-2018 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dg27 (Post 2474636)
I'm having the same issue right now.

The docked window is the stupidest feature I have found in PT. I find it completely pointless.

The double clicking in a midi region (for me at least) does not open the editor in a separate window.

Have you tried right clicking on the MIDI region and selecting 'open in MIDI editor'? Works for me and it comes up in a separate floating window.