Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2019 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Offline bounce is going so slowly (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=407315)

johnnyv 11-26-2019 07:47 PM

Offline bounce is going so slowly

Hi everyone,

I'm doing some offline bouncing to disk. I only have about 10 tracks, and I'm trying to bounce to MP3 format. I have 3-4 plugs on each channel; dialogue noise reduction, compression. My offline bounce speed is only 3-4x real time. I wonder why it's so slow? I think I'm using Izotope Dialogue De-noiser and Audionamix Dialogue noise cleaner. Maybe these types of processes slow down the bouncing?

Any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

jeam25 11-26-2019 08:30 PM

Re: Offline bounce is going so slowly

Hi ! Some plugins processing slow down the offline bounce and i give you an example. When i use the Universal Audio BX V2 on mastering, offline bounce goes about 3.x and when i used the same plugin but native from Plugin Alliance bounce goes about 15.x , thats huge difference.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

johnnyv 11-26-2019 08:45 PM

Hmmm. Very interesting. I am using a UAudio plugin. Let me see if removing it helps. Thanks for the possible solution!

rinky 11-26-2019 09:08 PM

Overall, I've experienced slower-than-normal offline bounce since 2019.6.

Blinkofani 11-26-2019 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyv (Post 2545712)
Hmmm. Very interesting. I am using a UAudio plugin. Let me see if removing it helps. Thanks for the possible solution!

Using UAD will slow down because the process goes between your computer and the DSP chips in your Satellite or Apollo millions of time during the bounce down. I mainly use Logic and it's the same thing. The second there's a UAD plugin somewhere in the project, bouncing takes a lot more time. It's explained somewhere in the manual.

Blink

johnnyv 11-26-2019 10:58 PM

On the next pass, I deactivated the aux track that had the UA plugin on it, but nothing changed in the speed of the bounce. It was about 3x normal.

Sardi 11-26-2019 11:16 PM

Noise reduction plugins are very CPU intensive. That’s pretty normal for it to be slow.

Deactivate the restoration plugs and watch it zip through the render.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

latinbaum 09-30-2020 12:34 AM

Hi all,

I have the same issue with the offline bounce speed but it's always 2.3x or less... often 1.2x or 1.3x so it makes the feature practically irrelevant. I'm not using UAD plugins and would expect the RAM to be sufficient (128 GB). Whether I'm bouncing a full orchestral piece with 70 tracks or a small band with 12 tracks... it doesn't matter. Any ideas why?

Sardi 09-30-2020 02:15 AM

What type of plugins are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

albee1952 09-30-2020 07:10 AM

Many VI plugins will drag offline bounce down too. KeyScape is one such killer. I tend to commit those tracks as soon as I can during mixing.:o