Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Serious Problem !!! Transport freezes in PT 7.3.1 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=208831)

Chris7514 11-06-2007 09:56 PM

Serious Problem !!! Transport freezes in PT 7.3.1

I experienced a bizzare problem on several ocasions recently. In the session after pushing "play" the system starts, and than stops immediately by itself !!! I encountered this issue on my MacBook Pro ( 2.16 gHz) many times, and just today my iMac G-5 did the same thing. In the middle of working in the session I pushed space bar, and the transport stopped immediately after it started. IS THIS A KNOWN ISSUE ? Did anybody had that happen ? I tried to resume play by pressing space bar, by clicking on play and it did the same for few minutes. I fast forwarded, rewinded, tried to start from different locations. No luck. WHAT'S GOING ON DIGI ????
Chris7514

apfel 11-07-2007 01:53 AM

Re: Serious Problem !!! Transport freezes in PT 7.3.1

hi chris,

i have the same problem once a day at least.
only a PT restart helps in this situation.

happens with MacPro+003 and MBP+mBox2 as well.
that really sucks !

greetz,
apfel

Chris7514 11-07-2007 08:09 AM

Hi !
Thanks for response. So now I know that somebody else also has the same problem. It all started with PT LE 7.3. I also have 7.1 on my main system ( two months ago I was forced to downgrade there from 7.3 back to 7.1). That system is stable, so it must be something wrong with 7.3.x. Using this PT upgrade I also have CPU usage maximum red spikes all the time. It starts with just launching PT, and than opening any session ( even a new one with no data in !!!) causes red spikes again. Within a session opening any plug in ( including click !) causes CPU to get to the max. I have DIGI 002R, M box, and OS 10.4.9 on both computers. On laptop MBP 2.16 with 2GB RAM I'm experimenting with 7.3.x, but my main system ( dual G-5 with 4GB RAM) is (as I mentioned) back on 7.1. I had a serious issue with PT LE 7.3. The upgrade I purchased back in July caused my main system to freeze on several occasions , to stutter, CPU max usage, buffer errors were popping out like crazy etc. Finally after few days I gave up. I had to meet deadlines for production...I uninstalled PT 7.3, did all necessary disc repairs etc. 7.1 works flawlessly. I have been using PT LE for many years, and until 7.3 came out it was always perfectly stable. I will continue to use 7.1 as long as it takes for DIGI to fix all the bugs in 7.3 ( if they are even fixable !!).
Chris7514

DigiTechSupt 11-07-2007 09:08 AM

The cs5 update to Pro Tools 7.3.1 resolves many of these play issues - are you using that version? If not - update and let us know if that clears up the problems.