Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Start key not working properly (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=161301)

RandyG 02-21-2006 04:06 PM

Start key not working properly

I am using a Logitech EX110 wireless keyboard with PT7 and can't seem to get the Start key to function properly. I am aware that there has been some discussion about some keyboards not working correctly and am wondering if mine might be one of the culprits. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RandyG

len branville 02-21-2006 05:21 PM

Re: Start key not working properly

Hi Randy,

I have one of those black cordless Logitech keyboards and mouse that were popular a couple of years back and it seems to work great until the batteries go dead and I have to re-establish the cordless interface (mine always seems to need a little voodoo after installing new batteries).
Maybe someone else can chime in...
Oh, I wonder if Logitech has any updates on their website?

Len

RandyG 02-21-2006 09:05 PM

Len,

Thanks for the reply.

The keyboard and mouse are new, and the batteries check out fine. I did look for newer software, but I have the latest. It may be that ProTools is looking for something particular that the Logitech isn't sending. (Probably a massive conspiracy with Microsoft to take over the recording world from Apple!)

I'll continue to research the problem, but in the meantime, I'll take my MS keyboard and try it.

RandyG

Rail Jon Rogut 02-22-2006 09:46 AM

Read the Start key thread in the XP LE forum.

Rail

WavyDavy 03-01-2006 11:38 AM

It is definitely a PT7 "improvement" - Digidesign trying to make the application more "windows-like" - and has nothing to do with the hardware. Make noise here and through your dealer to get this behaviour corrected in the next cs update!
Please!
Signed by me and our team of 15 (increasingly frustrated) engineers.

JasonO. 03-02-2006 07:46 AM

Hey All!

I have this problem too. I posted in "Unofficial 'Problems with PT7' thread". I would like to reiterate that this problem is driving me crazy (and it's getting to a very short trip!). Does anyone know of a list of "approved" keyboards that don't exhibit this problem? Selecting multiple outputs is making me cringe and takes about 15 minutes to accomplish on lots of tracks (I am developing a tick everytime I have to do this - my eye twitches and I lose all muscle control in my right arm!).

Oh, did I mention that this is driving me CRAZY?

Thanks to all! I feel much better now......

Jason

Andonyx 03-03-2006 09:27 AM

This may be related

This may be related:

I have several navigation shortcuts proggrammed into the buttons on my logitech MX518 mouse. I have buttons for ALT, ALT+SHIFT, AND ALT+SHIFT+Enter so I can zoom around quickly with my right hand.

No dice in seven. I upgraded yesterday and it appears that I can no longer use the ALT key function from the mouse. It reconizes the SHIFT commands, but not the ALT commands. This is hugely annoying.

Danny Caccavo 03-04-2006 06:42 PM

We think we have reproduced the "Start" key problem. Amazingly enough, it only happens on one system we know of at Digidesign, but it's the same thing you're seeing, we believe.

It may take a bit to get this fixed, because since the Start key touches so many areas, we need to make sure the fix doesn't break something else.

We realize this is quite understandably trying your patience, but rest assured, we're working on it.

Danny Caccavo
Product Manager
Digidesign

JasonO. 03-22-2006 10:34 AM

Hey Danny!

Any headway on this one?

Thanks!
Jason

JasonO. 04-13-2006 08:00 AM

Hey Danny!