Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Question about this particular optical mouse.... (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=141240)

GapeOne 07-06-2005 11:06 AM

Question about this particular optical mouse....

Belkin optical scroll mouse...

I currently have this mouse and was curious if any of you are using this or something similar..

My question is this..

Looking at the link above, it appears as though this mouse was released before WinXP was...
I'm using WinXP Home, but can't figure out how to program the 5 buttons as the mouse, back then, didn't come with any software and was plug-n-play. I'm currently using the default Microsoft mouse driver, but that only gains me access to the standard two button and the button on the scroll.. (?)

Any ideas?

Also, I've currently emailed Belkin's customer support and am awaiting a reply, but figured I'd try my luck here on the DUC since you guys are quite apt at getting answers to the needy...

As always, thanx in advance DUC'erz...

zombie69 07-06-2005 01:51 PM

Re: Question about this particular optical mouse....

Maybe try one of these drivers? Try the win xp driver.

JonnyGinese 07-06-2005 01:57 PM

Re: Question about this particular optical mouse..

I personally like the logitech optical track ball... since I have my mouse ON my sound board(TEAC Series 15) adn there isn't much room to move.. it is alot more convinient to not have to move my hand around... instead i jstu need to move my thumb. For any other space.. i prefer a Logitech MX 510.

GapeOne 07-07-2005 09:37 AM

Re: Question about this particular optical mouse....

Quote:

Maybe try one of these drivers? Try the win xp driver.

Thanks Zombie! I'll give it a try tonight...

- GAPE

GapeOne 07-07-2005 09:40 AM

Quote:

I personally like the logitech optical track ball... since I have my mouse ON my sound board(TEAC Series 15) adn there isn't much room to move.. it is alot more convinient to not have to move my hand around... instead i jstu need to move my thumb. For any other space.. i prefer a Logitech MX 510.

I hear ya, but I have an "under-the-desk" keyboard & mouse tray that slide out from under the desk so I have plenty of room for my mouse... Also, I'm not a big fan of the track balls as I think I'm too used to my mouse...

zombie69 07-07-2005 10:54 AM

I thought about getting one of these I have a corded optical right now, but the wire always hangs up under my desk so I think I might get a new one. Only problem is that it will cost me twice as much, because when my wife saw it she wanted one too.

GapeOne 07-07-2005 12:02 PM

Now that's a sweet mouse!

I'm not quite ready to go wireless yet, but if/when I do I'll definitely consider something like his!

Thanx for the URL.. *bookmarking*

- GAPE

zombie69 07-07-2005 12:07 PM

no problem. did the drivers work for you?

GapeOne 07-07-2005 01:30 PM

I'm at work now so I won't be able to give it a try until tonight.

Stay tuned...

GapeOne 07-08-2005 01:10 PM

WOOYOO! Worked like a charm! ....almost.

Every so often, my 5th mouse button fails me....

I have my mouse set up as follows:

scroll button (button3) -> F7
button 4 -> F6
button 5 -> F8

at times when I press button 5 it doesn't switch to F8 (the grabber). It does nothing. all the other buttons work great all the time. It's just that 5th button. I have to launch the mouse driver application and reset that button then it works again. I haven't figured out what makes it die yet, but I did get a reply from Belkin Tech Support and they gave me a URL to a different driver download with manual so I'm gonna download that one and try that tonight to see if that remedies this 5th button problem I have..

Much, much thanks again for the link. So far that driver works fairly well (with the exception of the 5th button). Hopefully this newest download will fix this for good..

- GAPE