Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   macOS Sierra Approved (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=385870)

Jerry.VC 10-27-2016 03:51 PM

macOS Sierra Approved

Drivers are out also. Anyone encountering any problems?

Obsidian Dragon 10-27-2016 08:12 PM

Re: macOS Sierra Approved

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry.VC (Post 2391984)

It is good to get the final approval. I've been running PT 12.6 on Sierra for a few months on my test system with only a problem with the MiniGrand instrument. Now I feel safe to update the OS on my production systems.

Jeffrey Talbot 10-28-2016 08:55 AM

Problems? Yes.

With a very fresh install of 10.12, Sierra, and a very fresh install of PT 12.6, it just plain doesn't run.... at least for me.

DetroitT 10-28-2016 10:29 AM

Just completed my second clean install-setup
Avid Waves, Native instruments, Play, McDSP all in good shape.
Melodyne, Reason, Notion, DP add on also in fine order.

What's your system Mr. Talbot?

off the wall 10-29-2016 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry.VC (Post 2391984)

Is 10.12.1 approved?

Jeffrey Talbot 10-31-2016 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DetroitT (Post 2392115)
Just completed my second clean install-setup
Avid Waves, Native instruments, Play, McDSP all in good shape.
Melodyne, Reason, Notion, DP add on also in fine order.

What's your system Mr. Talbot?

Trashcan MacPro, PT HDX. TB Chassis from Sonnett. Sierra and PT 12.5.x works fine, so I'm guessing PT12.6 SHOULD work.

At this point it's easy enough to start over.

treason 10-31-2016 01:49 PM

I've got increased CPU usage as well on Sierra 10.12.1 compared to my EC 10.11.6 partition. The EC partition had the updated PT HD driver, was cloned, and Sierra 10.12.1 was installed on my 2012 12 Core Mac Pro.

What I believe is plugins are the difference between issues vs no issues on Sierra. I've got a bunch of Plugin Alliance plugs, and they are not Sierra approved. I can't seem to find a list of Sierra approved plugs.

PhiBee 10-31-2016 03:12 PM

macOS Sierra Approved

I though it was only AU version concerned with Alliance issues. I'm using AAX bx_meter and bx_rockrackV3 (for example) without issue at all under macOS Sierra 10.12.1 and PT12.6.

treason 10-31-2016 08:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Their website makes a general "we do not support Sierra" (see attachment) claim in their customer support section. I use alot of their plugins in AAX-DSP and AAX-Native. I am seeing performance hits opening the same session in Sierra vs EC 10.11.6. It may be another culprit, but plugins have been the past issues for a vast number of issues with PT since v11.

It's great that you're not having issues, and I expect to join that club soon.

Jeffrey Talbot 11-04-2016 09:58 AM

So just for fun I started over.

Newly erased HD, fresh install of Sierra, did all the OS updates, then went to Avid, and downloaded PT 12.6, and installed the app, as well as the HD driver.

Since my HDX card is in a TB chassis, I just connected the chassis to my MacBookPro, added the iLok, and ran PT. While the app does work, it doesn't see the HDX card as a Playback Engine option. My TB chassis also has a FW card, and attached to that card is a Mackie FW mixer, which PT DOES see as a Playback Engine option, so this is not an issue with the chassis, but seems to be a problem with 12.6 and HDX.