Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools | Intro Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Where is Xpand!2 Virtual Instrument? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=406427)

Metalhed666 09-24-2019 01:17 AM

Where is Xpand!2 Virtual Instrument?

Hi community,

I recently installed the free PTF on a Windows 10 laptop and it all works beautifully including the drums sounds I use for MIDI on Xpand! 2 pre-installed without me having to do anything but the laptop is used for loads of stuff so not really dedicated for music production.

I also have a Macbook Air so I deactivated PTF on Windows, uninstalled it and have installed PTF on the Mac instead...but no Xpand! 2 - when I open a template that uses it, I get a message saying the plugin is missing. :(

- Some knowledgebase articles say it is preinstalled - I haven't got either a .big file or .aaxplugin file for it anywhere
- Some say I have to download it from the marketplace - when I go into the marketplace I cannot find Xpand!2 and the two First AIR bundles are pay only
- Some say there is a link to download it in the My Avid account - no there isn't!

Where do I get Xpand! 2 from??? I am new to Pro Tools so I'm not buying anything yet until I'm sure I can use it for the purposes that I need so I just want the basics to play around with and learn.

If anybody can tell me, please do. Also, if I need to supply any more info.

Thanks in advance.

Metalhed666 09-26-2019 10:10 AM

Re: Where is Xpand!2 Virtual Instrument?

Nobody?? Not even Avid? Guess I'll try another DAW then...

junkgear 09-26-2019 10:48 AM

Please see this KB article about PTF and Xpand2.

Let us know how it goes.

Metalhed666 09-26-2019 10:51 AM

Hi Junkgear,

When I go into the marketplace I cannot find Xpand!2 and the two First AIR bundles are pay only.

junkgear 09-26-2019 05:32 PM

There seems to be conflicting information on Xpand2....
I’ll see if I can get you some help.

DigiTechSupt 09-26-2019 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metalhed666 (Post 2539305)
Hi Junkgear,

When I go into the marketplace I cannot find Xpand!2 and the two First AIR bundles are pay only.

Hi Metalhead666,

The Xpand!2 installer is already a part of the Pro Tools DMG file installer and should be installed along with the DAW. Please try re-downloading and re-installing from your Avid Account and see if the same issue occurs.

Thank you!
Tope

Metalhed666 10-06-2019 11:40 AM

I give up. I've wiped the laptop twice, reinstalled PTF and it still isn't there. So I bootcamped it and installed Windows 10 (which I didn't want to do) and when I install PTF, XPand!2 is there!

Not the ideal solution and it shouldn't be this difficult, free or not, with so much conflicting information and none of it clear. But at least I'm working now!

Seafoam_Green 01-23-2020 06:55 PM

this is a royal PITA:mad:

xpand2 is missing from my paid standard pro tools for some stupid reason all of a sudden after updates etc

..., now PT session wont open saying xpand is missing , now im going through this nightmare on my mac via being forced into downloading this protools first BS:mad::mad::mad::mad:- just in an effort to locate the frikken installer

avid .., we always had expand so why take it away and force us to go through this BS .., just give us a link for it god damn it!, it should be included in the air pack anyway

DigiTechSupt 01-24-2020 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seafoam_Green (Post 2551985)
this is a royal PITA:mad:

xpand2 is missing from my paid standard pro tools for some stupid reason all of a sudden after updates etc

..., now PT session wont open saying xpand is missing , now im going through this nightmare on my mac via being forced into downloading this protools first BS:mad::mad::mad::mad:- just in an effort to locate the frikken installer

avid .., we always had expand so why take it away and force us to go through this BS .., just give us a link for it god damn it!, it should be included in the air pack anyway

Hi,

The Xpand!2 installer is already part of the Pro Tools installer file.
You can try reinstalling your Pro Tools and see if Xpand!2 still does not appear. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
Tope

mojohos 02-12-2020 02:24 PM

I am very new here. I have had problems trying to get plugins for Focusrite creation Pack. I uninstalled PTF v 2019.6 so I could use the older Avid application manager to download per instructions from Focusrite support. Apparently they don't know app manager is now part of Avid Link.

Anyways after uninstalling PTF 2019.6 and Avid Link I was able to load app manager 2018.10 and it was showing PTF 2018.7 as my version so I tried installing that to see if it would help with downloading Focusrite creation pak plugins. (It didn't). First I uninstalled just the program. That didn't help so I uninstalled everything (both radio buttons in install/uninstall).:mad:
I have been having same problem with xpand!2 since. Every template that had it said it's missing : do you want to download from marketplace. (Yes) which never worked. So I was back to 2019.6 but still no xpand!2 which was previously working and still no Focusrite plugins.:(

If you unzip the 2019.6 or 2019.5 installer you will find a folder ISSetupPrerequisites which has Xpand!2 and setup. I ran that and now Xpand!2 is back. Hope this helps.