Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Pro Tools Crashes during "Restoring Tracks" portion of startup (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=285070)

rhythmator 10-30-2010 08:20 AM

Pro Tools Crashes during "Restoring Tracks" portion of startup

iMac 7 4GB Memory
Digi 003
Eleven Rack
Mac OSX 10.5.8
Pro Tools 8.04

Dig 003 is the Master clock and ElevenRack is slaved to Digi 003 via SPDIF. Audio output to monitors originates at the Digi 003. ElevenRack is only used as an input device and passes its I/O to the Digi 003 via SPDIF cables

Problem: When loading a specific song, when Pro Tools gets to the "Restoring Tracks" startup message, Pro Tools crashes.
Other Songs load fine and I can create a song with no issues.
I suspect that there is some I/O issue between the ElevenRack and the Digi 003.
Is there some way I can delete the I/O setup and then rebuild the I/O paths after the song has loaded?

Ben Jenssen 10-31-2010 06:35 AM

Re: Pro Tools Crashes during "Restoring Tracks" portion of startup

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmator (Post 1688224)
Is there some way I can delete the I/O setup and then rebuild the I/O paths after the song has loaded?

I don't think so. I think the I/O setup is set up as part of loading the session.

It might be that the session itself is corrupt. You could try to import the tracks to a new session, a few at a time. Maybe you can narrow it down to a track.

Chief Pronto 10-31-2010 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmator (Post 1688224)
iMac 7 4GB Memory
Digi 003
Eleven Rack
Mac OSX 10.5.8
Pro Tools 8.04

Dig 003 is the Master clock and ElevenRack is slaved to Digi 003 via SPDIF. Audio output to monitors originates at the Digi 003. ElevenRack is only used as an input device and passes its I/O to the Digi 003 via SPDIF cables

Problem: When loading a specific song, when Pro Tools gets to the "Restoring Tracks" startup message, Pro Tools crashes.
Other Songs load fine and I can create a song with no issues.
I suspect that there is some I/O issue between the ElevenRack and the Digi 003.

This is happening to me a lot lately. I can work on a session, save, close, and when I try to re-open the session, Pro Tools crashes, freezes my whole computer and I have to hard reboot. I have to create a new session and import the session data for the corrupted session. But if I try to import all the tracks at once, it crashes again. If I import the tracks one at a time, which takes a LONG time, the entire session gets imported without issue. So then I can work on it for a while longer, but when I save and close and try to re-open again, it crashes. The cycle goes on like this.

Ben Jenssen 10-31-2010 06:54 AM

If I were you guys, I would be looking for an offending plugin.

First, why not try: pull out all non-digi plugins, try to open your un-openable sessions.

Chief Pronto 10-31-2010 07:00 AM

Doesn't make a difference - if it was a bad plugin, it wouldn't load at all when importing the session data. But, for me, it loads when importing session data, but not the entire session.

Ben Jenssen 10-31-2010 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pronto (Post 1688511)
If I import the tracks one at a time, which takes a LONG time, the entire session gets imported without issue. So then I can work on it for a while longer, but when I save and close and try to re-open again, it crashes. The cycle goes on like this.

This means it could be a plugin in my opinion.

Chief Pronto 10-31-2010 07:06 AM

ok I'll try the Shift-Open trick.

Chief Pronto 10-31-2010 07:28 AM

definitely not a plugin.

guitarman6 02-09-2011 11:35 AM

I'm consistently getting this issue with a session as well and it's driving me crazy. Things will be going smoothly, then pro tools freezes, I get the beach ball, session crashes, need to hard reboot.

Then after rebooting (twice - once hard reboot, then one regular) if I try to open session is crashed on the session is corrupt and I can never use that file again. Thank god for session file backups. I then use most recent backup and restore session from there and save as restored versions.

Any figure out what could be causing this unfortunate bug?

685 03-26-2011 10:40 PM

fixed??