Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2019 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Avid Midi I/O drivers for Max OS Mojave and PT 2019.6 Ultimate (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=405763)

pm mastering studio 07-28-2019 05:24 AM

Avid Midi I/O drivers for Max OS Mojave and PT 2019.6 Ultimate

Hi there,

I just installed Mojave to work with my PT2019.6 Ultimate but now i find the Midi I/O isn't recognised anymore and the plugin is moved to the unsupported folder.

what can I do to make it work again ?

thanx for your input

JFreak 07-28-2019 05:32 AM

Re: Avid Midi I/O drivers for Max OS Mojave and PT 2019.6 Ultimate

MIDI I/O end of support date is 2012

pm mastering studio 07-28-2019 07:45 AM

so I 'll have to throw a good Midi controler away . Damn

ChuckS 07-28-2019 08:06 AM

What OS version are you coming from? If the driver is a kext file it may have something to do with unsigned extensions. Search on Mac OS user approved kernel extensions.

WorldStudios 07-29-2019 12:34 AM

I use it exactly like you want to. When you try to install the extension you get an error message that the driver is not right for Mohave, but you simply have to go to system extensions Privacy and allow it to install. This is true for quite a few installers, like the Integra 7 driver for instance. You will get a warning at some point later on when booting up that the driver will not be supported in future versions of Mac OS but you just ignore/accept that.

ChuckS 07-29-2019 06:02 AM

Also, a word of caution with any future OS releases. Mojave is last OS level to support 32 bit. Just guessing, but good possibility that the MIDI I/O drivers are 32 bit, so you might want to investigate. There would be no user approved/privacy options that would fix that.

Eric Lambert 07-29-2019 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckS (Post 2534054)
Also, a word of caution with any future OS releases. Mojave is last OS level to support 32 bit. Just guessing, but good possibility that the MIDI I/O drivers are 32 bit, so you might want to investigate. There would be no user approved/privacy options that would fix that.

You're correct. They are 32-bit, and they will absolutely not work with OS Catalina. I'm honestly surprised that they're operating under Mojave -- I believe we had to ditch our Avid MIDI I/Os a couple years ago but could be wrong.

WorldStudios 07-29-2019 11:20 PM

Like I said, it still works. I use it mainly to send Sysex messages to my Bricasti and the occasional notes and patch data to my fs1r. I bought a smaller interface with modern drivers to do that some years ago but it stopped working after a
few years and then, in panic, I tried the MIDI IO and it still worked - and has kept on working. Now under Mojave.

Eric Lambert 07-30-2019 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WorldStudios (Post 2534089)
Like I said, it still works. I use it mainly to send Sysex messages to my Bricasti and the occasional notes and patch data to my fs1r. I bought a smaller interface with modern drivers to do that some years ago but it stopped working after a
few years and then, in panic, I tried the MIDI IO and it still worked - and has kept on working. Now under Mojave.

Awesome!