Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Woohoo Preorder done and paid for :):):) (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=404982)

Southsidemusic 05-30-2019 01:23 PM

Woohoo Preorder done and paid for :):):)
 
WOW Canít wait for this awesome new shiny toy box from our belowed Colin and if it sounds as good or better than the McDsp plugins usually does we are in for a treat this summer :-)

Will make a video asap when delivery arrives here!!!

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...processing-box

Itís sooooo beautiful hehe ... yes $7000 or in euro Ä7999 is a lot but been waiting and drooling since they first showed this master piece.

Thank You Colin :-)

YYR123 05-30-2019 01:27 PM

Re: Woohoo Preorder done and paid for :):):)
 
Nice, looking forward to the video review

LDS 06-01-2019 07:52 PM

Re: Woohoo Preorder done and paid for :):):)
 
Congrats! It looks like a great box. Out of curiosity, how does it interface with Pro Tools? Do you need to create some kind of aggregate I/O? Or does the thunderbolt connectivity mean the I/O is all taken care of when you insert the McDSP plugin into the mix?

Southsidemusic 06-02-2019 12:11 AM

Re: Woohoo Preorder done and paid for :):):)
 
Hey LDS,

I havenít got that far :-) The box will arrive during june so it could be mid to last day in june but as I understood the previews it should be thunderbolt and into PT as an insert.

I will report back as soon ss we have it in our hands.

JFreak 06-02-2019 01:04 AM

Re: Woohoo Preorder done and paid for :):):)
 
wow, didn't see this box coming but hey :D

jsvalmont 06-06-2019 12:16 PM

Re: Woohoo Preorder done and paid for :):):)
 
I had my eye on this as well, but then I saw the price... I was expecting it to be about half the price itís listed for. Still the concept is pretty cool.

Southsidemusic 06-06-2019 12:22 PM

Re: Woohoo Preorder done and paid for :):):)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsvalmont (Post 2528716)
I had my eye on this as well, but then I saw the price... I was expecting it to be about half the price it’s listed for. Still the concept is pretty cool.

Agree!

Was counting on somewheres around €2999-€3599 but it became double that ... however we stopped buying plugins we already have hundreds of already so the €7999 was steep but we saved a lot this year by not spending money on duplicate software just cause there was something ”new” so all good and McDsp always delivers and done so this time aswell :-)

xrekcor 06-06-2019 03:30 PM

Re: Woohoo Preorder done and paid for :):):)
 
If it doesn’t work out for you, msg me and I’ll send you my freight details :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2527864)
WOW Can’t wait for this awesome new shiny toy box from our belowed Colin and if it sounds as good or better than the McDsp plugins usually does we are in for a treat this summer :-)

Will make a video asap when delivery arrives here!!!

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...processing-box

It’s sooooo beautiful hehe ... yes $7000 or in euro €7999 is a lot but been waiting and drooling since they first showed this master piece.

Thank You Colin :-)


jsvalmont 06-06-2019 03:39 PM

Re: Woohoo Preorder done and paid for :):):)
 
They donít have enough info about the details of this box yet for me. Especially at the eye popping price they are trying to sell it at. What kind of latency will a plugin instance get from Pro Tools? How are the inputs / outputs supposed to work with Pro Tools? No digilink means that PT Ultimate wonít be aware of the Thunderbolt IO, so does this even work with HDX? Too many questions for me that are not addressed at all in their released material so far.

BScout 06-06-2019 04:00 PM

Re: Woohoo Preorder done and paid for :):):)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsvalmont (Post 2528735)
They donít have enough info about the details of this box yet for me. Especially at the eye popping price they are trying to sell it at. What kind of latency will a plugin instance get from Pro Tools? How are the inputs / outputs supposed to work with Pro Tools? No digilink means that PT Ultimate wonít be aware of the Thunderbolt IO, so does this even work with HDX? Too many questions for me that are not addressed at all in their released material so far.

There doesn't have to be much guesswork. It'll work the same way as UAD's satellite boxes (also thunderbolt) except the processing will be analog in the box.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:27 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com