Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   how do you erase all automation parameters at once? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=307943)

Anibal 09-21-2011 01:06 PM

how do you erase all automation parameters at once?

is it there any shortcut to do this?
thanks

Drew Mazurek 09-21-2011 01:25 PM

Re: how do you erase all automation parameters at once?

Edit/Clear Special/All Automation

after making a selection of course.

Anibal 09-21-2011 01:44 PM

of course... thank you

DoubleDigit 09-21-2011 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmazurek (Post 1837244)
Edit/Clear Special/All Automation

after making a selection of course.

This doesn't seem to work consistently for me. Not sure why, but I've had sessions where I've selected all tracks, entire session, and used that command, only to have certain automation remain. Is there any known issue out there?

AINSLIE 09-21-2011 07:07 PM

I find switching all tracks to a parameter such as volume allows the user to select further to the right. That has allowed me to get to automation previously unselectable. I believe it's an oversight in the app. What would be nice is a 'select and delete all' automation events menu item or key command.

Stig Eliassen 09-22-2011 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleDigit (Post 1837307)
This doesn't seem to work consistently for me. Not sure why, but I've had sessions where I've selected all tracks, entire session, and used that command, only to have certain automation remain. Is there any known issue out there?

If you work in Bars|Beats you can type in 1 (start) and 9999999 (end) for selection start/end before deleting. That should get them all.

Ru_C 09-22-2011 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PT Lover (Post 1837444)
If you work in Bars|Beats you can type in 1 (start) and 9999999 (end) for selection start/end before deleting. That should get them all.

Good tip !

scottgreiner 09-23-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PT Lover (Post 1837444)

or return, then option/shift/return

Stig Eliassen 09-23-2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottgreiner (Post 1837932)
or return, then option/shift/return

You would think, but that doesn't always include the odd breakpoint waaay down the line.

chrismeraz 05-03-2018 01:48 PM

I guess I don't understand automation modes, or something has changed.

I used to always work with all tracks in "Read." I could toggle mute on or off at any time, and the mute button would stay put. Now it never stays put, unless I put all tracks in "Off" mode. Is this normal behaviour now? What was different before? I'm very confused.