Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Windows Blue Screen of Death (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=346230)

justus1900 10-25-2013 08:58 PM

Windows Blue Screen of Death

1 Attachment(s)
Can anyone tell me whats wrong with my computer? everytime I boot it up it blue screens

guitardom 10-25-2013 09:15 PM

Re: Windows Blue Screen of Death

Page fault is typically ram.

run windows memory test and or pull each stick of ram and swap them around.

grab the C:>Windows>Minidump folder, zip it up and email it to me. contact info is in my profile or drop it in skype if your on it.

If you cant find the Minidump folder, it might be hidden and you need to:
start menu>search>folder options>view>click on "show hidden files and folders"

Which of your computers is it?

justus1900 10-25-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitardom (Post 2096197)

grab the C:>Windows>Minidump folder, zip it up and email it to me. contact info is in my profile or drop it in skype if your on it.

Guitardom I swapped all 4 sticks of RAM reversed them in the 4 slots and it seems to be working. Update you after I try it a little while.....

justus1900 11-04-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitardom (Post 2096197)

My computer started to crash again, so I swapped the RAM around again and it was still crashing, so I put my old 8GB (2 X 2GB) back in and the computer works fine, so I put in a warranty RMA with Corsair to get new RAM. Hope that works.

guitardom 11-04-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justus1900 (Post 2099147)
My computer started to crash again, so I swapped the RAM around again and it was still crashing, so I put my old 8GB (2 X 2GB) back in and the computer works fine, so I put in a warranty RMA with Corsair to get new RAM. Hope that works.

OUCH, That sucks! hopefully it will be a smooth process.

Darryl Ramm 11-04-2013 05:18 PM

This bluescreen is also frequently caused by a faulty device driver. Having a look at the crash dump with a debugger would quickly answer that question if you have somebody who is technical and can help you.

Have you installed any new device drivers recently? Or have you updated anything on the computer (automatic updates are disabled right?). Can you boot in safe mode? Start by uninstalling any recently added/updated drivers.

Darryl

dave911 11-05-2013 11:41 AM

Try hitting F8 before windows comes up an see if you can boot to safe mode consistently.

Also I would do a disk check on the boot drive and run "sfc/scannow" at a admin. DOS prompt.