Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   PlugInAlliance: delete factory presets - but they regenerate automatically (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=393599)

Sir Hannes 09-08-2017 12:37 AM

PlugInAlliance: delete factory presets - but they regenerate automatically

Hi,

as there are too many factory presets with PA plugins (e.g. ACME!) I moved them within the presets folder into a new one called "factory". Now I open up the plugin, I see only my personal ones. But after restarting PT12, all factory plugins are rebuild again.
I send already a request to PA and they say, next month they are looking for this. So I want to ask you, if you know how to handle that?

Thanks!

musicman691 09-08-2017 04:32 AM

Re: PlugInAlliance: delete factory presets - but they regenerate automatically

I live with it. A lot of times I'll start with a factory preset and go from there.

Sir Hannes 09-08-2017 05:06 AM

That will blockade my creative work to read all of that 100 preset names to find the correct one that fits. Nope, I will build up for my needs. :-)

And often: I really don't know, what they mean with there names, e.g. dyn_eqv2 (ok, hihat was the only I used from the factory). Check alpha compressor. I think, this is just not my vocabulary...

sw rec 09-11-2017 06:32 AM

Name your presets with numerical prefixes (like 001, 002, etc) and they should appear at the top of the list.

musicman691 09-11-2017 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sw rec (Post 2449078)
Name your presets with numerical prefixes (like 001, 002, etc) and they should appear at the top of the list.

He wants to dump the factory presets and there's no known way to do that at this point in time. With Plugin Alliance plugs they have a separate menu item in the drop down for user presets.

Sir Hannes 09-11-2017 09:28 AM

I did already, but not starting with first numbers: I did it with last numbers, so my presets appears above my mouse. But for example with ACME opticom and others that makes no sense as the created list is way too long.

musicman691 09-11-2017 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Hannes (Post 2449105)
I did already, but not starting with first numbers: I did it with last numbers, so my presets appears above my mouse. But for example with ACME opticom and others that makes no sense as the created list is way too long.

I am seriously not understanding your first sentence. I don't see how numbering things your way would make the presets appear above your mouse; maybe it's the way you're describing it?

Can you give us an illustration of what you are really after? This is truly a case of a picture is worth more than a thousand words.