Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Licensing & Accounts (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Wrong subscription - ignored by Avid (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=408519)

sgwi 02-14-2020 05:40 PM

Wrong subscription - ignored by Avid

I tried to sign up for a monthly subscription.

I didn't realise that when I clicked on the monthly option that it would suddenly switch to the yearly one (I have a screenvideo to show this happening!)

When the transaction completed and I saw what happened I immediately contacted Avid.

I have not touched the license - it is sitting in my account - untouched and unactivated.

After a few days I got an email from Avid stating that if I purchased the monthly (as I'd intended) they would then cancel the previous transaction and refund the transaction. I did that - immediately - and purchased the monthly one. So now I have a monthly and a yearly subscription sitting on my account.

That was over ten days ago - and the only communication I've had since then (five days ago) was an email stating that "Let me coordinate your issue here with our Management team and will explain what went happened here"

jeffro 02-14-2020 07:50 PM

Re: Wrong subscription - ignored by Avid - beware

Sorry for the trouble. Your case is in progress - it shows we are processing the refund as well as looking into the store issue.

I watched your video and tried to repro here but could not. Are there any clicks or keystrokes between clicking the $34.99 Monthly Subscription, Paid Monthly (Download) and Add To Cart?

What OS and browser?

sgwi 02-14-2020 09:18 PM

Re: Wrong subscription - ignored by Avid - beware

I'm on a Mac - Mojave - on both a 2019 iMac and 2014 MacBook Pro - using Google Chrome.

I found that this behavior happened immediately after clearing the cache (which I do regularly). If I click on the monthly option - the blue button will indicate that this choice has been registered - but a split second later it will go back to the yearly option.

There are two more confusing parts of your check out process:

1. You do not indicate the tax split. So when you offer £30 on your first page - that does not indicate pre or post tax. So when I clicked and saw £30 - I had no idea that this was the yearly option with tax.

2. You do not offer a 'Confirmation' page before clicking 'Pay'- it would be very easy for you to show your customer what they are signing up for on the final page when they click the final pay button.

Finally - your customer service has been absolutely awful. When I started this process, my thinking was that I would try for a month, with a view to making Pro Tools my mainstay going forward indefinetly. I am now in a position where I would not pay a cent to Avid for anything even if my life depended on it. You, or your bosses may look at that and ignore it, or you may take this opportunity to take a look at yourselves and your processes, and wonder how it happened.

I've now bought Cubase - which wasn't even anywhere near my thinking before this situation - and I'm very happy with it.

I hope you, or someone within your company will take a look at this situation and deal with the processes that made a customer so hostile. I am not rich - and to be left with a £25 bill for a year for something I didn't sign up for made me stressed and your terrrible customer support made it more so.