Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools | Intro Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Can't create new project (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=379024)

emilia.macionczyk 03-21-2016 08:07 AM

Can't create new project

Hi,
I'm new here. I registered yesterday on Avid and I download Pro Tools First.

I have a problem. I can't create new project. On my dashboard I can see "0/0 projects". When I click create button, I get a note "The maximum number of projects has been reached for this account". I should have possibility to create 3 projects, but I don't have. What can I do?

Defier 03-21-2016 12:03 PM

Re: Can't create new project

Hello there,

I had the same issue at first.

It sounds like you are not connecting to your Avid Account that you created before downloading Pro Tools First.

Remove Pro Tools First and reinstall it and make sure that your ILOK account is setup to activate Pro Tools First.

Once connected, you will be able to create projects in your Dashboard.

Good luck, and more thing... make usre you install ASIO4ALL before installing Pro Tools First... removes issues you might have otherwise.

Thx.

emilia.macionczyk 03-21-2016 02:38 PM

Thanks for your answer, Defier.
I have already done what you said... and still the same.
I removed PTF, installed ASIO4ALL, checked iLOK again and installed PTF again.
My dashboard still says "0/0 projects".

Any other ideas?

Defier 03-21-2016 07:00 PM

Make sure Pro Tools First is installed on your main Windows hard drive. It has to be on the same drive.

I can't think of anything else except that your "Avid Application Manager", which is installed on your PC as well, has to recognized your Pro Tools First installation and license.

Good luck mate. Let us know.

hobomadams 04-07-2016 02:47 PM

Did you find a solution? I'm having the same issue.

DigiTechSupt 04-07-2016 02:57 PM

Hi, Please try Opening Pro Tools First, then log out of your account, then close pro tools first, then open it again and log in to your account. Let us know if the same error occurs.

Best regards,
CD

hobomadams 04-07-2016 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt (Post 2348482)
Hi, Please try Opening Pro Tools First, then log out of your account, then close pro tools first, then open it again and log in to your account. Let us know if the same error occurs.

Best regards,
CD

Thanks for the response. I tried this and unfortunately the same problem persists. Any other ideas?

bbirney 05-27-2016 04:13 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi. I'm having the same problem. Downloaded Pro Tools First on a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. First installed iLok License Manager and confirmed my Pro Tools First license appears there. Launched Pro Tools First; I have 0/0 projects. See attached screenshots.

My Avid username is '[email protected]', and Pro Tools First accepted my password without complaint.

Why can't I create any projects?

DigiTechSupt 06-06-2016 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbirney (Post 2359979)
Hi. I'm having the same problem. Downloaded Pro Tools First on a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. First installed iLok License Manager and confirmed my Pro Tools First license appears there. Launched Pro Tools First; I have 0/0 projects. See attached screenshots.

My Avid username is '[email protected]', and Pro Tools First accepted my password without complaint.

Why can't I create any projects?

We reset your account, can you please try again?

Best regards,
CD

eddieandrews 08-01-2016 09:57 PM

I am having the same problem on my MacBook Pro. I signed up, installed the file, and got the same problem. I cannot create a new project because it says I've reached the maximum, and there are no other files to open. Please HELP!

Also, when anyone gets a working solution, please email / DM us. Thanks.

PS: Avid, I write apps for a living in my "day job" so would be happy to help you fix this if extra coding is needed.