Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   YEYYYYYYYY i am HDX now!!! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=329456)

ilulilu888 10-15-2012 06:43 AM

YEYYYYYYYY i am HDX now!!!

just wanted to share....

Drew Mazurek 10-15-2012 08:31 AM

Re: YEYYYYYYYY i am HDX now!!!

Can you list what plugins are running on the card?

ilulilu888 10-15-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmazurek (Post 1972471)
Can you list what plugins are running on the card?

Enough to get the job done..... :-)
From where I'm seating, it really seems that people who are bashing HDX around here are plain jealous ..... I know cause I was .... So I decided that if I can't beat them I'll join them.... I opened a mix I did with the accel system a few weeks ago.... The CPU was at 65% and the HD cards where screaming..... Lots of waves , lots of softube and McDsp .... I opened the same mix on the HDX .... It took 10 seconds from the point I clicked the session icon until I started hearing music..... 70 % of plugins where converted to rtas.... And Heat & channel strip and some stuff from sonnox where on dsp.... - native showed 15% usage.... And dsp had only 2 chips..... Wonderful..... HD ACCEL is still great... HDX. Is 100 times better....

Drew Mazurek 10-15-2012 02:54 PM

I'm not bashing anything. I'm curious what's running on the cards so far.

I'm in the same boat. jeez. :rolleyes:

What exactly am I supposed to be jealous of btw? I could go buy two HDX cards today, but not if it's not going to make my work better tomorrow.

ilulilu888 10-15-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmazurek (Post 1972607)
I could go buy two HDX cards today, but not if it's not going to make my work better tomorrow.

So go and get it , really , I was skeptical my self at start , about the smother functionality , about the better sound... About everything that is being said about HDX.... But hey! Everything is true... OmG.... I took the liberty of getting inside your website , and it seems you are a pro as well , you have the best sounding monitors on the planet..... Don't you wanna go the extra mile with your protools? I guess you can do great work with even the basics.... Cause it all depends on your ears and your talent , but as I see it : a great sounding mix is made of small different pieces and details come together... So I wanna get the better pieces to have the best available tools.... Just my point of view. Don't worry so much about plugins.... You'll still have a native version of them... And believe me - unless your Mac is an antique ... You gonna see a vast improvement in its daily functions and rtas handling....

audioluche 10-15-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilulilu888 (Post 1972436)
just wanted to share....

Congratulation!

I'm not ready yet, but maybe in 2013...

Cheers

phatbeatstudio 10-15-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilulilu888 (Post 1972603)
Enough to get the job done..... :-)
From where I'm seating, it really seems that people who are bashing HDX around here are plain jealous ..... I know cause I was .... So I decided that if I can't beat them I'll join them.... I opened a mix I did with the accel system a few weeks ago.... The CPU was at 65% and the HD cards where screaming..... Lots of waves , lots of softube and McDsp .... I opened the same mix on the HDX .... It took 10 seconds from the point I clicked the session icon until I started hearing music..... 70 % of plugins where converted to rtas.... And Heat & channel strip and some stuff from sonnox where on dsp.... - native showed 15% usage.... And dsp had only 2 chips..... Wonderful..... HD ACCEL is still great... HDX. Is 100 times better....

I HATE TO SAY IT BUT

Good for you man Im glad you made it
Now go sign the WAVES petition ! :-)

TOM@METRO 10-15-2012 11:44 PM

Congrats ilulilu. ;)

Drew Mazurek 10-16-2012 05:30 AM

Still curious what's actually running on the card.

ilulilu888 10-16-2012 06:03 AM

dmazurek

here Goes:
first of all - the AVID plugins - such as the Channel Strip , Dverbs - the New Delay or in other words - every Avid Plugin that was AAX'ed
Softube - had me Really surprised over my - head -after checking on their website i discovered that my entire bundle is eligible for AAX dsp Upgrade (even Native plugs i had) so softube is Running DSP as -well and i use it allot
The Rest will follow...... to Keep up - with HD accel i had to use allot of Rtas any way.....so i'll have enough resources for HEAT and other Stuff so the fact that Waves are not AAX right now is not such a big problem For Me at the moment....