Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   HD3 to HDX1 & I/O trade in registration.. System ID? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=371966)

A1 09-15-2015 08:55 PM

HD3 to HDX1 & I/O trade in registration.. System ID?

We just did a trade-in upgrade to one of our rooms from HD3 to HDX1 card and I/O… However, our AVID account Products and Subscription only lists the new software deposits… Where are all the new and registered hardware products listed?
When I click the “Support Upgrades” on my AVID account it is asking me to submit my “System ID”… Where do I find this ID?
Our Application Manager Account Subscriptions states: “You do not own any products under this account yet”…

A1 09-16-2015 03:50 PM

Re: HD3 to HDX1 & I/O trade in registration.. System ID?

Also my AVID account states that "You do not have access to the Support Center"... and Licenses: Pro Tools HD 10/11/12 - "non-upgrade plan"
My Sweetwater rep had told me that with such trade in I would be automatically get the 1 year subscription and support access.
Can someone from AVID please look into my account and make all the necessary changes.

I did also send an email to customer support...
I thought it would be best to post here since this is hardware and software related...

Southsidemusic 09-16-2015 07:28 PM

Avid dropped the Hardware registration tied to Master Accounts a long time a go, we have a lot of new HW and those aren't registered anywhere. So there is no problem here and nothing to edit in your account reg HW atleast.

A1 09-16-2015 10:14 PM

Thanks for clearing that out Chris... As for the second question I'm still confused
Quote:

Originally Posted by A1 (Post 2294631)
My AVID account states that "You do not have access to the Support Center"... and Licenses: Pro Tools HD 10/11/12 - "non-upgrade plan"

My Sweetwater rep told me that with such trade in purchase I would automatically get the 1 year subscription and the support access.

Buccanears 09-16-2015 10:54 PM

All clear on the Avid website. I'm in the same boat. http://www.avid.com/US/specialoffers...ools-hd-to-hdx

A1 09-16-2015 11:37 PM

Thanks guys, this is what it states on the page ..."Take advantage of the latest features in Pro Tools HD 12 software, included with your exchange. Get all upgrades for the next year with an annual upgrade plan, included at no extra charge"
However, seems like thats not what I'm getting...

Buccanears 09-17-2015 12:57 AM

Pretty sure they're working on it. Contact your reseller and they should be able to sort it.

Rubicon 09-17-2015 10:40 AM

I just did this same thing. The asset for PT 12 shows on your iLok as permanent. It is not a subscription asset, and yes, it comes with one year of upgrades. My system automatically asked to install 12.2.

Be sure to enter your yellow hardware registration numbers into your Avid account.

Very easy and takes less than 5 minutes.

Rubicon

Buccanears 09-17-2015 03:41 PM

I've done registration on multiple systems, linked ilok accouts etc and so far no support has popped into the Avid accounts.

A1 09-17-2015 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubicon (Post 2294886)
...Be sure to enter your yellow hardware registration numbers into your Avid account...Rubicon

Thanks Rubicon I did enter all the serial codes on the yellow cards.
I don't know why we can't see our hardware on our accounts...