Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   best OS9/MIX plug in reverb? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=144424)

rich morpurgo 08-15-2005 09:45 AM

best OS9/MIX plug in reverb?

I usually use external boxes for mixes that require reverb, but would be interested in recommendations.

Rich

toolowd AT aol DOT com

blairl 08-15-2005 10:30 AM

Re: best OS9/MIX plug in reverb?

Lexiverb

Seeee 08-15-2005 10:56 AM

yup, on tdm I use lexiverb too. they use vintage dsp too so you can power it pretty cheaply.

if ya can swing a RTAS rev then RealVerb isnt a bad choice.

yuya 08-15-2005 11:06 AM

Quote:

Lexiverb

I love LexiVerb...
I want to use it on my HD system...

frenchman 08-15-2005 01:19 PM

depends on what you looking after
Here is a rundown on several reverbs available for MIX. This is purely subjective, feel free to disagree...
In my opinion Lexiverb is great for drums and wide & bright reverbs. Superb density on short reverbs, long reverbs may however sound "grainy" or metal like
Reverb One will give you better dark long reverbs, warmer than Lexiverb, but not enough density for short drum reverbs.
Another good one is Waves Renaissance-reverb. Very good for dense, rich, short and wide reverbs, excellent early reflexions for stunning "live" hall type of thing. Can work well on piano. Good non linear decays available.
Oh, I forgot TC reverbs...if you like TC reverbs...

rich morpurgo 08-16-2005 06:09 AM

how about Altiverb?

I have Lexiverb and notice that when there is alot of space in a mix and the reverb time is a bit longer, it sounds kinda grainy. That's when I go to the external boxes on mix.

How about reverb1? or altiverb.

Which one between these?

Rich

jeremyroberts 08-16-2005 06:53 AM

Quote:

How about reverb1? or altiverb.

Which one between these?

I own both. I use reverbone for the halls - beautiful large spaces - and lots of parameter control. I have only used 5% of it -- I find the quality to be very good.

Altiverb is like having a sampler with a great library. Very flexible. Needs CPU processor power. If you have a G5, you're set.(hmm- with mix/os9 you'll want a seriously fast G4 for best results - and lots of ram)

I demo'd ReVibe this week, and it also sounds great. I will be buying it with massivepack 4. (oops, realized you are in mix/OS9 - not sure revibe will work for you)

These would be my top 3 choices -- but all are slightly different.

Latency can be an issue for Altiverb -- not really practical to use while tracking unless you don't mind the 45ms fixed predelay. But the samples (IRs) sound great.

Altiverb has a demo... visit www.audioease.com