Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Android Tablets for Dock? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=405694)

KeyplayerG 07-20-2019 09:29 AM

Android Tablets for Dock?

Now that the S1 will use Android Tablets, will the same option be available for The Dock V.2?

reichman 07-20-2019 11:53 AM

Re: Android Tablets for Dock?

Eddie hinted that a new, rewritten version of PT|Control was coming, so my guess at this point is that that would be a unified app across all of Avid devices, so by extension, Android on Dock. But I've got a feeling it will be a while before we see this.

EddieJones 07-21-2019 12:03 PM

Yes, its the whole Control App so it will work on the Dock....and in Portrait too if you have a larger screen. Yes, it will be a few months but this year.

sjgam 07-22-2019 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2533339)
Yes, its the whole Control App so it will work on the Dock....and in Portrait too if you have a larger screen. Yes, it will be a few months but this year.

Do you get extra functionality displayed in portrait mode with larger iPad Pro display in dock?

Southsidemusic 07-22-2019 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjgam (Post 2533378)
Do you get extra functionality displayed in portrait mode with larger iPad Pro display in dock?

Doubt what extra functions that you think will be there, however You do get a bigger screen size and you will see more tracks and so on just like an iphone display or ipad when you surf the web.

sjgam 07-22-2019 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2533379)
Doubt what extra functions that you think will be there, however You do get a bigger screen size and you will see more tracks and so on just like an iphone display or ipad when you surf the web.

You see on the S1 product images there are rows of new features like Dyn/EQ/Pan and automation status display that they have fit in under the meter screens. I was thinking they could fit in extra rows of display also for dock display with larger taller portrait display. I am assuming that the Dock's rotary encoders will still be inline with the display selections so there will be extra room above. Also see in product image wave in center of dock display. Curious in general how/if they leveraged larger portrait display and eq/dyn display features for dock.

EddieJones 07-22-2019 09:52 AM

No extra functionality between modes

sjgam 07-22-2019 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2533416)

How about the EQ graph we are seeing in center of display on Dock on the product images in S1 site - is this something new for the control app for dock?

EddieJones 07-22-2019 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjgam (Post 2533437)
How about the EQ graph we are seeing in center of display on Dock on the product images in S1 site - is this something new for the control app for dock?

Yes..anything you see on the other screens will all be there

RobertDorn 07-22-2019 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2533416)

Just out of (extreme;) curiosity, when a 12.9 iPad Pro is placed in portrait in the dock, what will the channel view look like, and do the 4 left and right bottom sections in the app (somewhat) line out with the hardware encoders?

I of course understand if this all is still in the making:)