Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Licensing & Accounts (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Black Friday sale on subscriptions? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=407330)

mightyduck 11-27-2019 02:56 PM

Black Friday sale on subscriptions?

Hi,

Does anyone know if a subscription purchased at 20% off on the current Black Friday sale would be usable next year?

My Support and Update plan is not due to be renewed until March 2020, iirc, so I am not sure if buying one now and trying to use it later would work.

Anyone know?

Best,

mightduck

Sardi 11-27-2019 03:15 PM

Re: Black Friday sale on subscriptions?

Do you mean your renewal plan? If so, yes. It just gets racked onto your current one and the end date changes to reflect the additional year.

But you said subscription as in you don’t own the software, but then implied you own a perpetual license. A tad confusing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mightyduck 11-27-2019 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sardi (Post 2545818)
Do you mean your renewal plan? If so, yes. It just gets racked onto your current one and the end date changes to reflect the additional year.

But you said subscription as in you don’t own the software, but then implied you own a perpetual license. A tad confusing.

I have a perpetual license. Its the yearly fee for the update / support plan that I am talking about. That's what it looks like they are discounting for Black Friday, no?

Best.

mightyduck

lae777 11-27-2019 10:15 PM

They seem to be discounting subscriptions by 20% and update and support plans by 15% for Black Friday.
Be careful you select the right one!

Sardi 11-28-2019 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightyduck (Post 2545851)
I have a perpetual license. Its the yearly fee for the update / support plan that I am talking about. That's what it looks like they are discounting for Black Friday, no?

Best.

mightyduck

As mentioned above, you need a renewal of your perpetual support plan which is discounted by 15% not 20%.

Make sure you choose the right one. You don’t want a subscription plan.

mightyduck 11-28-2019 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lae777 (Post 2545853)
They seem to be discounting subscriptions by 20% and update and support plans by 15% for Black Friday.
Be careful you select the right one!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sardi (Post 2545862)
As mentioned above, you need a renewal of your perpetual support plan which is discounted by 15% not 20%.

Make sure you choose the right one. You don’t want a subscription plan.

Uhhmm,you are correct, sirs. I do not want a subscription plan. -15%. Meh.

Best,

mightyduck