Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Falcon 2 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=406680)

docric 11-20-2019 02:50 PM

Re: Falcon 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by ubxf (Post 2545069)
the falcon factory is the new one it looks the same but once you expend it you will notice a different creation date oct 9. You replace the one in your library folder with this new one and you should have the new presets

Aaaahhh.. got it. Thanks!

DonaldM 11-21-2019 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2545037)
You don't need anything from Avid except for the Avid Plugsound library. You get everything you need from UVI. The UVI one will overwrite the Avid version - at least it did when I purchased F2 from UVI as it overwrote the Avid supplied F1.6. You can have both license assets on your iLok but they dont' affect each other.

Hmmm... I seem to be completely missing the AvidPlugsound library. I can't locate it anywhere in my system. Its just gone. And I can't see anyplace to download it to get it back. Is there a place to go get just that library, or do I no longer have it because I bought the full Falcon 2.0 from UVI?

musicman691 11-21-2019 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonaldM (Post 2545158)
Hmmm... I seem to be completely missing the AvidPlugsound library. I can't locate it anywhere in my system. Its just gone. And I can't see anyplace to download it to get it back. Is there a place to go get just that library, or do I no longer have it because I bought the full Falcon 2.0 from UVI?

That's weird that it's gone. Did you have it before? You do need it if you want to use those patches/sounds. Have you looked in your Avid Master account where your PT 2019 downloads are? It should be down in the UVI plugins section. I did not have to redownload it when I got F2 from UVI.

LightWing 11-21-2019 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonaldM (Post 2545158)

Login to your Avid Account.

Product Details and Download Links-->UVI Plug-Ins--->Plugsound Avid Edition (UFS) 2.25 GB

DonaldM 11-21-2019 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightWing (Post 2545168)
Login to your Avid Account.

Product Details and Download Links-->UVI Plug-Ins--->Plugsound Avid Edition (UFS) 2.25 GB

Finally found it. Its listed under my Pro Tools tab, not my Avid plan tab. I can get it back now.

DonaldM 11-25-2019 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightWing (Post 2544231)
Heard back from UVI support on this. TWO choices...1) Remove the Avid Content file or 2) Move it to a different directory, config F2 to "SEE" that directory and set it to NOT "Auto Mount". That way you can activate it only if you want to use it in Pro Tools ON DEMAND and it DOES NOT generate an error in Standalone or as a VST Sound Bank.

Tested on my PC using Option 2...IT WORKS! :)

I find it rather curious that while you can run Avid Falcon in standalone, you can't mount or use the Avid Plugsound library...only when Falcon is opened in PT. That somehow makes no sense to me.

musicman691 11-25-2019 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonaldM (Post 2545521)
I find it rather curious that while you can run Avid Falcon in standalone, you can't mount or use the Avid Plugsound library...only when Falcon is opened in PT. That somehow makes no sense to me.

Agreed it makes no sense but as I mentioned before that's because the Avid Plugsound library is tied to the Avid supplied falcon license asset.

DonaldM 11-25-2019 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2545535)
Agreed it makes no sense but as I mentioned before that's because the Avid Plugsound library is tied to the Avid supplied falcon license asset.

I understand that. But, if you can run Falcon under the Avid license in standalone, why the heck does the license to access the Plugsound library require you to only be in PT? Falcon can clearly access the Avid license to open without PT being open.

Anyway, not the hill to die on. Also, since I own Falcon outright, having bought 2.0 from UVI on the deal they offered, I'm not stressing over it! I just find it a bit annoying.

musicman691 11-25-2019 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonaldM (Post 2545536)
I understand that. But, if you can run Falcon under the Avid license in standalone, why the heck does the license to access the Plugsound library require you to only be in PT? Falcon can clearly access the Avid license to open without PT being open.

Anyway, not the hill to die on. Also, since I own Falcon outright, having bought 2.0 from UVI on the deal they offered, I'm not stressing over it! I just find it a bit annoying.

Actually you can NOT run the Avid licensed Falcon in standalone (at least I couldn't). It's aax only. Standalone only happens in the UVI supplied Falcon. The two license assets can co-exist on the same iLok. So what you're seeing is the UVI licensed Falcon in standalone. Deactivate the Avid Falcon Falcon license in ILM and you'll still be able to open Falcon but with the UVI license asset. I went through this when I purchased Falcon 2 from UVI.

DonaldM 11-25-2019 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2545544)
Actually you can NOT run the Avid licensed Falcon in standalone (at least I couldn't). It's aax only. Standalone only happens in the UVI supplied Falcon. The two license assets can co-exist on the same iLok. So what you're seeing is the UVI licensed Falcon in standalone. Deactivate the Avid Falcon Falcon license in ILM and you'll still be able to open Falcon but with the UVI license asset. I went through this when I purchased Falcon 2 from UVI.

Yeah, I think you're right about that. I was thinking I had run Falcon in standalone prior to upgrading to 2.0 through UVI. I may not be remembering that correctly. (Don't say it...!:rolleyes:)