Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   CORE AUDIO DRIVERS DOESN'T WORK With MACBOOKPRO OS 10.5.5 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=229992)

virtualevans 10-13-2008 11:35 PM

CORE AUDIO DRIVERS DOESN'T WORK With MACBOOKPRO OS 10.5.5

Hi guys , I recently installed my DIGI 003 on my Macbook Pro with OS X 10.5.5 and Protools 7.4.2 for leopard and is working nice so far. I red the core audio drivers were upgraded just for 10.5.3. So the issue is: when I route the audio output in MAC SYSTEM PREFERENCES to the digidesign hardware , it says "no audio output from this hardware" I can't make it work.

Is an incompatibility with the OS? or other thing?

I checked the DIGI COREAUDIO manager, but everything looks ok with the interface, at least to work with the protools software.

I'll appreciate any help/

Best regards, Evans.

DigiTechSupt 10-14-2008 10:21 AM

Re: CORE AUDIO DRIVERS DOESN'T WORK With MACBOOKPRO OS 10.5.5

Quote:

it says "no audio output from this hardware"
Are you sure it doesn't say 'The selected device has no output controls'?

If so, that's normal. Volume is controlled from the application using the Core Audio driver.

If you launch the Core Audio Manager - does it show 'Connected'?

What application are you trying to use with Core Audio through your Digi hardware?

virtualevans 10-14-2008 08:58 PM

Thanks for replay so Q.

actually u are right with the digi coreaudio settings, they are fine and said connected etc. But the general audio from the laptop like: Itunes, Quicktime, are routed through the internal line ouput (in other words, from the little speakers). I can't find any setting inside each program to change this. I checked again and the System preferences doesn't say any message, just turns blue when i select one of the 2 options: internal speakers / HW003, I change the output to the HW 003, go to the Itunes or quicktime, play some music and my little speakers lead the playback instead the digi003.

hope help this explanation in my bad English.

thanks.

DigiTechSupt 10-15-2008 10:09 AM

After you launch iTunes or Quicktime, try toggling between internal speakers and the 003 and let us know if playback now comes through the 003.

[email protected] 10-16-2008 06:40 AM

I am experiencing the exact same problem. I am running a MacBook Pro with 10.5.5 and have a 003 Factory with 7.4.2cs1 installed. Everything except playing sound from QT/iTunes works fine. I go to system preferences and select the Digi HW 003 for output from the sound preferences. When I launch iTunes and press play the Coreaudio application doesn't launch, sound comes out of my internal speakers, and in system preferences the built-in speakers option get re-selected for me.

Thanks,

Tom Moreno

DigiTechSupt 10-16-2008 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 1294348)
I am experiencing the exact same problem. I am running a MacBook Pro with 10.5.5 and have a 003 Factory with 7.4.2cs1 installed. Everything except playing sound from QT/iTunes works fine. I go to system preferences and select the Digi HW 003 for output from the sound preferences. When I launch iTunes and press play the Coreaudio application doesn't launch, sound comes out of my internal speakers, and in system preferences the built-in speakers option get re-selected for me.

Thanks,

Tom Moreno

After you launch iTunes or Quicktime, try toggling between internal speakers and the 003 and let us know if playback now comes through the 003.

[email protected] 10-16-2008 09:00 AM

Yes, after searching for and finding this thread I did and still had the same results as before. Toggling back and forth between the built-in audio and the Digi HW had no effect.

Thanks,

Tom

DigiTechSupt 10-16-2008 09:27 AM

So, just to be absolutely sure we're covering everything here..

1. Launch Core Audio Manager and make sure it shows 'connected'.
2. Launch iTunes
3. Press play in iTunes
4. If you don't hear playback through the 003, open the Sound control panel and toggle between 003 and built-in.

If you still don't hear playback, can you tell me which drivers you have in the folder located at MacHD>Library>Audio>Plug-Ins>HAL?

virtualevans 10-16-2008 05:41 PM

Same problem as our friend Moreno and I have the following plugin's list in the folder you ask:

Digidesign CoreAudio.plugin
DVCPROHDAudio.plugin
iSightAudio.plugin
ProIOAudio.plugin

Best Regards

Kirk Starkey 10-16-2008 10:09 PM

MacBook 10.5.4
PT LE 7.4.2

Toggling between outputs has absolutely no effect.

HAL>
Digidesign Coreaudio.plugin
iSightAudio.plugin

Is it correct to assume that you are in beta for Snow Leopard so you're likely to just let this one slide?