Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   New PlugIn Manager strange ?! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=104398)

marcoustic 04-27-2004 06:29 AM

New PlugIn Manager strange ?!

Hi there!

I find the new PlugIn manager to act strange in some way:
i.e. Why is the t-racks EQ shown in the "other" category instead of the "eq" category???

Is there any way of putting the PlugIns manually in the right category?

Cheers

Markus

marcoustic 04-28-2004 02:11 AM

Re: New PlugIn Manager strange ?!

Anybody?
Perhaps Digi?

jlcnyc 04-28-2004 07:28 AM

I haven't tried moving the plugs around yet....however I do remember a thread on this topic. I think the answer was that you cannot move them between folders, but you can make a plug a "favorite " and move it outside of a folder.try searching the duc.

Super Seven 04-28-2004 07:31 AM

I find this so sad.....I like the idea of a plug-in manager...but this is PROOF DIGI spent NO time beta testing this feature as this would have been noticed on the first use of 6.4.

losttimestudios 04-28-2004 08:07 AM

Have the same problem. My Altiverb is not in the Reverb folder. My SansAmp is in a Harmonic file while Amplitube is in an other file. I would be nice if you could organize the plugin menu yourself.

dkrz 04-28-2004 08:33 AM

According to the documentation, the plugins are categorized by the manufacturers description . So for example, an “Impulse response room emulation thermal sensing kitchen sink delouser” would not fall under a “reverb” category. Strange, but what can you do...?

You can of course set any plugin to appear “un-nested” at the top of the list by using the Favorites Function.

dk

Super Seven 04-28-2004 08:40 AM

Quote:

You can of course set any plugin to appear “un-nested” at the top of the list by using the Favorites Function.

dk

But then you'd just be back to where you were b4 plugin management. The idea is great...but flawed.

marcoustic 04-28-2004 08:42 AM

...very sad.

Digi, how about fixing that???
Just leave us the option to categorize the plugins by ourselves. That would be nice.

Greets

Markus

sdemott 04-28-2004 09:05 AM

I see this as a plug-in issue. When the manufacturers take the time to properly register their plugs, then this will be great. It's a lot like plug-in delay/latency on PTLE. Most plugs don't bother registering anything because the manufacturers only added that to their TDM/HD versions.

I really don't blame Digi for this. They make available their SDKs and documentation for potential plug-in developers, but it's up to the individual developers to fully support them.

Chris Cavell 04-28-2004 09:12 AM

If it REALLY bugs you, you can always go back to a previous version of PT and use the free plugin organizer from Trillian Lane Labs...fauxlder I think.