Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Kiesel Guitars - Really Bad Experience (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=387966)

Barry Johns 01-10-2017 10:54 PM

Kiesel Guitars - Really Bad Experience

So I recently purchased an Aries guitar on the run that they do. I've never heard of these runs until the day before the deadline for placing the order. I've purchased over five guitar from Carvin over the last two decades, my very first purchase was actually in 1982 when I bought an X 100 B
stack.

Most of my experience with Carvin has been good, but I have had a few bad experiences along the way.

After I placed my order, I was watching a video and I noticed a picture of one of the previous runs, showing where apparently Jeff Kiesel hand signs the instruments. Out of all the instruments Ive purchase from Carvin in the past none of them have ever had a signature on them.

When placing the order, there was no mention whatsoever of this process as being part of the manufacturing process. I had no reasonable expectation that this would happen, as it had not happened on any of the guitars I purchased over the last two decades.

I know it may sound ridiculous, why do I care if the guitar signed or not? Well to me I do care, one thing I noted about the way he signs the guitars, se has a very sloppy signature it almost looks like a child signed it doesn't even resemble a signature. I'm picky, I keep my guitars in pristine condition, and I frankly just didn't want it on the guitar. I mean it is a custom guitar that's being made to my specifications, shouldn't I be able to decide whether that happens or not, especially considering it is not normal practice in their manufacturing process. If you order a guitar today from Carvin they are not going to sign it. Apparently this is something only happens on these runs, again these runs must be something relatively new, as I've never heard of them before and I've been a customer of the company for several decades as I mentioned before.

So you're probably asking yourself, why this long-winded conversation about a signature on a guitar. Well, here's why, I simply made a request that when they completed my guitar to please not sign the back of the guitar. The response I got literally shocked me. I'm still trying to get over it, as I'm completely dumbfounded not only with what the response was, but the way they handled it.

They refused to honor my request. Jeff personally got involved, and simply refused to not sign the guitar. Obviously I got frustrated with this, and I said look I'm making a simple request here why is it so difficult for you to not sign it? It's not like you had already done it, and nothing could be done about it, The guitars not even finished. Why is this a big deal I asked? They refused to answer that question!

I was basically told we really don't care, we're signing that guitar whether you like it or not. I told him that I was going to share this situation on social media, and they literally threatened me to not make any comments about this on social media. Lterally threatened me. All over a stupid signature. What kind of the ego does this guy have? I'm dumbfounded over all of this!

Well i'm not the kind of guy to be bullied by any corporation, so I posted my experience above on Facebook, yesterday evening, within minutes, they went in and deleted all of my post as well as all the comments by other users, and took away my ability to post on that website in the future. They couldn't defend thier actions, all they could do was silence me, well at least temporarily. This is the Internet, it is hard to silence people.

Drew Mazurek 01-11-2017 04:47 AM

Re: Kiesel Guitars - Really Bad Experience

Did they offer a refund? Did you request one? Are you still taking delivery? To me, these are the only two solutions.

Companies sell products, consumers buy them. Once you were made aware that the product no longer suited your needs, their only obligation is to refund your money (unless it was spelled out during the purchase that this isn't possible due to it being custom), not change their product. Your only obligation as a consumer is to get your money back or accept their product as they intended. Pretty simple IMO.

Sounds like they were rude during the process which is unfortunate for them because I can only assume it's going to cost them in the long run.

Mike Jones - KG 01-11-2017 09:40 AM

The guitar was ordered in a special limited run, all of which are signed and numbered, and this was spelled out in the original specs online. The guitars were ordered and sold as custom with No Return clearly listed on the description and the actual order form. Every question and concern that was raised to us was promptly and respectfully answered and explained. Unfortunately Barry did not like the answer, which we can all understand and empathize with, but that does not equate to rudeness.

gives 01-11-2017 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Jones - KG (Post 2406516)
The guitar was ordered in a special limited run, all of which are signed and numbered, and this was spelled out in the original specs online. The guitars were ordered and sold as custom with No Return clearly listed on the description and the actual order form. Every question and concern that was raised to us was promptly and respectfully answered and explained. Unfortunately Barry did not like the answer, which we can all understand and empathize with, but that does not equate to rudeness.

Just watched a review, which was easy to find and Jeff the owner is on a YouTube video saying "we are here for you!" and if they are not, he would personally take care of it.

https://spinditty.com/instruments-ge...-Guitar-Review

Maybe start there. G

Barry Johns 01-11-2017 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Jones - KG (Post 2406516)

That is a flat out lie. Mike there was zero discussion orally or in writing about the signature on the guitar. Zero. It's simply childish that you have a customer simply asking that the guitar not be signed. That's it, simply don't sign it, I pay for it all good. Why is that so dissicult? Why?

Barry Johns 01-11-2017 06:14 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Hopefully this will add some perspective on just how much business I've done over the years with Carvin, which you would think would provide some type of appreciation. Here are pics of all the Carvin Guitars I own today, and there are another 5-7 that I've sold over the years.

Barry Johns 01-11-2017 06:15 PM

5 Attachment(s)
The rest....

YYR123 01-11-2017 08:08 PM

Kiesel Guitars - Really Bad Experience

[emoji1417] nice

The semi-hollow body and that PRS (style) look awesome

And I've played a Carvin Bass Amp for a few 20 times/gigs and it's one of the best experiences I've had with Bass amps....really quality hardware

guitardom 01-11-2017 11:01 PM

Not sure about this fuss over a signature, but the Jason Becker line of guitars right now are beautiful. I always like seeing them posted up on social media. I love what you guys are doing for him. He has such a terribly sad yet inspiring story.

Barry Johns 01-12-2017 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YYR123 (Post 2406645)
[emoji1417] nice

The semi-hollow body and that PRS look awesome

And I've played a Carvin Bass Amp for a few 20 times/gigs and it's one of the best experiences I've had with Bass amps....really quality hardware

That's not a PRS, it's a Carvin!