Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 12 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Bug: When selecting a favorite plugin insert, the plugin above the one selected opens (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=392069)

DJ Hellfire 06-29-2017 05:33 AM

Bug: When selecting a favorite plugin insert, the plugin above the one selected opens

1 Attachment(s)
Saw this bug pop up in 12.7.1 and is still present in 12.8.

I have a bunch of my go-to plugins favorited in the inserts menu (hold cmd and select a plugin to add them to favorites), and periodically a bug happens where I select a certain plugin (say Studer A800) and instead of the Studer popping up, Pro Tools opens the plugin above the one I selected (in this case would be SSL 4000 Buss Compressor). And this happens for any plugin I try to open. So in order to get the plugin I actually want, I have to select the one below it. Closing and reopening Pro Tools usually fixes the problem temporarily.

Anyone else seeing this? :confused:

EDIT: Here's my list of favorites attached so those with this issue can compare and maybe we can narrow it down to a possible specific plugin issue.

strangepumpkin 06-29-2017 05:56 AM

Re: Bug: When selecting a favorite plugin insert, the plugin above the one selected o

Yeah, I've seen that issue a couple of times. And, yes, restarting pro tools usually fixes it. I haven't been able to recreate it on demand though.

john1192 06-29-2017 06:17 AM

Re: Bug: When selecting a favorite plugin insert, the plugin above the one selected o

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Hellfire (Post 2438113)
Saw this bug pop up in 12.7.1 and is still present in 12.8.

I have a bunch of my go-to plugins favorited in the inserts menu (hold cmd and select a plugin to add them to favorites), and periodically a bug happens where I select a certain plugin (say Studer A800) and instead of the Studer popping up, Pro Tools opens the plugin above the one I selected (in this case would be SSL 4000 Buss Compressor). And this happens for any plugin I try to open. So in order to get the plugin I actually want, I have to select the one below it. Closing and reopening Pro Tools usually fixes the problem temporarily.

Anyone else seeing this? :confused:

are these by chance all UAD plugins ?? or a mix of manufacturers ??

strangepumpkin 06-29-2017 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john1192 (Post 2438127)

For me, it's not plugin dependent. I've seen it happen with Slate VTM and VMR specifically.

john1192 06-29-2017 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strangepumpkin (Post 2438128)
For me, it's not plugin dependent. I've seen it happen with Slate VTM and VMR specifically.

cool, just trying to narrow it done if possible .. i am going to try and repro here right now .. lets see what happens ...

john1192 06-29-2017 06:26 AM

well, i will keep an eye on it .. cannot make it happen right now .. all seems fine .. Q: do these Favorites go away when Trashing Pref's ???

DJ Hellfire 06-29-2017 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john1192 (Post 2438127)

Any plugin that is in the favorites list. Selecting via manufacturer or type doesn't reproduce the issue.

john1192 06-29-2017 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Hellfire (Post 2438139)
Any plugin that is in the favorites list. Selecting via manufacturer or type doesn't reproduce the issue.

copy that .. i have a few things in my favorites .. at this time i cannot repro but will keep watching in case it comes up

Jperkins 07-02-2017 07:44 AM

I've been experiencing this and reporting it for awhile now and nobody has ever commented about it so I thought it was something on my end.

It would be great if a solution could be found.

For me, it doesn't seem to be tied to a specific plugin and doesn't happen all the time, but it happens often.

Sometimes it even loads a plugin more than one listing up so you have to keep guessing to get the desired plugin to actually load.

Jperkins 07-02-2017 07:48 AM

Here's a download link to the GIF incase the forum doesn't support them:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4d991uf0gu...s_BUG.gif?dl=0