Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Issue with Track Color in Edit Window (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=328544)

robinbjerke 09-25-2012 04:49 AM

Issue with Track Color in Edit Window

Hi all,

We have been experiencing a eird bug in PT9HD recently which is really hampering the workflow in the studio.

For some reason the track color part of each track in the edit window is remaining black, regardless of the actual track color. (We have checked coloring regions and tracks independently and have verified that the track is in fact colored, ie: new regions are not blue f.ex)

Has anyone come across this issue before and does anyone know what may be done about it?

All the very best,
Robin

Lincoln Mitchell 09-25-2012 05:00 AM

Re: Issue with Track Color in Edit Window

Check the saturation level slider, and can't remember but there may also be a button to turn colr off next to the slider...?

robinbjerke 09-25-2012 05:10 AM

Hi, thanks for replying.

We've tried all the regular options. I dont think this is a preference issue, more a bug and am wondering if anyone else has come across it?

LAStudios 10-13-2012 02:21 PM

I was having the same exact problem, it seems to be triggered when you open a session from older PT versions.

Solution: In your VIEW MENU go to EDIT WINDOW VIEWS - and check TRACK COLOR. Done... :-)

Jorrin321 08-08-2013 12:42 PM

LAStudio your solution has saved the day!

amazingrugs318 05-25-2016 04:53 PM

Believe it or not this bug still exists in pro tools 12.5, and your solution still works. Thank you!

claredubois 05-24-2018 06:19 PM

Go to the track and at the top is the little window with an arrow-the same you use for track size...scroll down to the bottom and you will see Track Color, click on that. Also in the color window to the left of the saturation slider is a button with red, white and blue, enable that, and of course use the saturation and brightness sliders to adjust the color. The Clips In Tracks button, located in the color window also allows you to choose what portion of the track you want hi-lighted. Make sure you click on the track you want the color for as well.
:p

albee1952 05-24-2018 06:52 PM

Not sure i'd call it a bug, but it does seem silly that anyone would need the option to show color in 1 window but not the other:o Took me a year before I finally found that option:p

its2loud 05-25-2018 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2489399)
Not sure i'd call it a bug, but it does seem silly that anyone would need the option to show color in 1 window but not the other:o Took me a year before I finally found that option:p

Because when editing audio all day, black waveforms is actually easier on the eyes and brain. You can still keep colors on the mixer window to organize tracks.