Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Windows (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   MIDI keyboard problems? Korg D1 Concert (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=412208)

Tay 10-12-2020 12:20 PM

MIDI keyboard problems? Korg D1 Concert

Hey guys,

I have downloaded the driver I need for Korg D1 Concert, it has midi option and also Aux option within the keyboard.

But I can't seem to get this working, have been trying for the whole of this evening, watching different youtube videos to go into the midi studio and adding it as an instrument, still no signal is being received.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Taylor

Tay 10-12-2020 12:24 PM

Re: MIDI keyboard problems? Korg D1 Concert

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3840QM CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz

Memory: 32.0GB

System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

WINDOWS 10

albee1952 10-13-2020 01:42 PM

Is the keyboard connected via USB?
Have you installed the Windows driver for the keyboard?
Have you set it up in Midi Studio(specifically, the Input Port which probably is something like Korg D1 on USB[Emulated]

If all that is in place, Create a stereo instrument track, insert MiniGrand in the top-most slot(Slot A) and hit the Record button on the track. That SHOULD send midi and trigger the plugin from the keyboard.

Tay 10-14-2020 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2580092)
Is the keyboard connected via USB?
Have you installed the Windows driver for the keyboard?
Have you set it up in Midi Studio(specifically, the Input Port which probably is something like Korg D1 on USB[Emulated]

If all that is in place, Create a stereo instrument track, insert MiniGrand in the top-most slot(Slot A) and hit the Record button on the track. That SHOULD send midi and trigger the plugin from the keyboard.

Thanks, although the keyboard has MIDI input/ouput. I cannot find the exact model drivers anywhere?

albee1952 10-15-2020 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tay (Post 2580131)
Thanks, although the keyboard has MIDI input/ouput. I cannot find the exact model drivers anywhere?

Drivers would only be required if you connect via USB(directly to the computer). How is the keyboard connected to the computer? We are still missing important details:o

Tay 10-15-2020 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2580229)
Drivers would only be required if you connect via USB(directly to the computer). How is the keyboard connected to the computer? We are still missing important details:o

AH ok! sorry yeah it is connected with USB, I have bought a midi cable converter by m-audio. so if i don't have the drivers the keyboard cant play USB? :eek:

junkgear 10-15-2020 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tay (Post 2580245)
AH ok! sorry yeah it is connected with USB, I have bought a midi cable converter by m-audio. so if i don't have the drivers the keyboard cant play USB? :eek:

Your M-Audio device will be your MIDI interface and that is what you will see as the MIDI device. In PT, you should be able to just add an Instrument track to your session and load up a virtual instrument on that track. Then press the record enable on the instrument track you just added and you should be able to hear it when you play something on your Korg.

Pressing record enable routes incoming MIDI to that track. If your audio outputs are set up correctly, then like I said, you should hear something.

Tay 10-15-2020 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junkgear (Post 2580250)
Your M-Audio device will be your MIDI interface and that is what you will see as the MIDI device. In PT, you should be able to just add an Instrument track to your session and load up a virtual instrument on that track. Then press the record enable on the instrument track you just added and you should be able to hear it when you play something on your Korg.

Pressing record enable routes incoming MIDI to that track. If your audio outputs are set up correctly, then like I said, you should hear something.

thanks will try out

Tay 10-15-2020 01:21 PM

Quote:

Solved, thanks a lot

Tay 10-16-2020 11:55 AM

Quote:

Hi again, the Mini Grand seems to be working with what you're saying, however when I insert Xpand the same way, there is no signal when I am pressing the piano keys ? is there any reason as to why ? very confused thanks !