Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools M-Powered (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ProjectMix I\O control surface not working in 7.1 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=170661)

TBF Entertainment 06-20-2006 07:37 PM

ProjectMix I\\O control surface not working in 7.1

I was running Protools 7.0 with my M-Audio ProjectMix. I upgraded to 7.1 and now the control surface doesn't work. ProTools starts up and it will play my sessions, but nothing I use on the ProjectMix works, such as the faders, STOP, PLAY, REC, buttons, etc. . .

I uninstalled 7.1 and installed 7.0 and all is well again. Anyone have problems with 7.1 with their ProjectMix?

If you're wondering, the reason I upgraded to 7.1 is because when I have the Pre-Fader metering unchecked (this is under Options), the meters in the Mix window run very spikey. I don't know if that makes sense. Basically, if there is a secion where no audio is recorded, you will still see the meter for that channel jumping up and down like there was something recorded on there.

When I upgraded to 7.1 this problem was fixed. But i lost control of the ProjectMix control surface.

Thanks for all the help.

TBF

Scott Stillwell 06-21-2006 07:28 AM

Re: ProjectMix I\\O control surface not working in 7.1

Did you double-check that the control surface is still selected in Setup > Peripherals? I'm using a ProjectMix I/O under 7.1cs7 with no problems.

If it was a Mac I'd say to trash the preferences and try again, but in this case, just go look at the setup and make sure that the PMIO Control Surface MIDI port is selected for input and output.

Hope this helps...

Scott Stillwell

TBF Entertainment 06-21-2006 09:36 AM

Scott - Thanks for the reply. Yes the Project Mix is selected. The Input/Output works on the Project Mix. ProTools starts up, so it knows Project Mix is there. The Inputs/Outputs in protools has the ProjectMix settings. The hardware selected says ProjectMix as well.

This is weird.

TBF

DigiTechSupt 06-21-2006 10:37 AM

You might want to try trashing preferences to see if that helps:

- Delete DAE and Pro Tools preference files
Start Menu > My Computer > Local Disk(C:) or correct hard drive (click "show the contents of this drive" if the files aren't displayed) > Program Files > Common Files > Digidesign > DAE > Right-click on the DAE Prefs folder and delete.
Start Menu > My Computer > Local Disk(C:) > Documents and Settings > "Your user folder" > Application Data > Right-click on the Digidesign folder and delete. (If the Application Data folder is not showing: Tools Menu > Folder Options > View Tab > Select "Show Hidden Files and Folders" > Click Apply and OK.)

TBF Entertainment 06-21-2006 11:35 AM

DigiTechSupt - Thanks for that. I'll go ahead and try that and re-post if it doesn't work. By the way, do you know where I can buy the 7.1 upgrade CD? I like to have actual copies on CD from Digidesign.

Thanks,

TBF

TBF Entertainment 06-21-2006 06:17 PM

Re: ProjectMix I\\O control surface not working in

DigiTechSupport:

Thanks for the help. But I tried it and no go. Didn't work. I get the same symptoms. ProTools starts up, I can play my sessions, but nothing on the control surface works.

Any other ideas? Anyone else with the Projectmix?

Thanks,

TBF

SHREDDER 06-21-2006 06:44 PM

The sequence I need to follow with my Project mix to function correctly in 7.1 is this:

1st-Boot up your pc

2nd-fire up the project mix in "Pro Tools" mode

3rd-open Pro Tools

If I fire up the PM before my pc it then will not work...........hope this helped.

TBF Entertainment 06-21-2006 09:05 PM

Thanks for all your replies. I figured out the problem. I didn't have the HUI protocol setup. During the upgrade, it was set back to none. That was my problem all along. OK, let me have it. Loser error.

Thanks again for all the help.

TBF