Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2018 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Free gift from Avid: Accusonus Voice Leveler (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=403805)

TrentWilliams 03-19-2019 02:37 PM

Free gift from Avid: Accusonus Voice Leveler

Avid giving away a licence to active subs for Accusonus Voice Leveler.

I assume this is preemptive to a 2019.3 release.

More soon,

amagras 03-19-2019 03:32 PM

Re: Free gift from Avid: Accusonus Voice Leveler

That's a useful tool but I don't have it, I have Regroover and it is a really useful piece of software.

Eric Lambert 03-19-2019 09:00 PM

Is it yours forever, or is it tied to your subscription (like Falcon) where it will be inaccessible if you don't renew the plan?

arche3 03-19-2019 09:34 PM

I just tried it. I prefer chained compressors to this leveler. It does control level. It doesn't quite push the vocal sound like a compressor does. I'll try it after my vocal chain and see it it makes for less vocal rides.

It does change the sound a bit.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Seafoam_Green 03-19-2019 09:38 PM

I don't see it my account anywhere ?

.., I've even clicked the link in the email that AVID sent me and it's not there. BTW my subscription IS active?

Matmorfus 03-20-2019 12:24 AM

Once again you have to be Sherlock Holmes to find the download link.
The mail from Avid don't give any clues!

LDS 03-20-2019 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arche3 (Post 2519612)
I just tried it. I prefer chained compressors to this leveler. It does control level. It doesn't quite push the vocal sound like a compressor does. I'll try it after my vocal chain and see it it makes for less vocal rides.

It does change the sound a bit.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Are you using it for music production or post? I wonder if it is more designed with the notion of levelling dialogue than singing?

Stephen Bond 03-20-2019 03:57 AM

+1

I assume it will take time to arrive with some more than others? Certainly it felt like I was one of the last to get Falcon a week or so after the initial reports of it arriving.

Anyhow, free products are worth a little wait :-)

Stephen

Meads 03-20-2019 04:11 AM

Free gift from Avid: Accusonus Voice Leveler

Quote:

Originally Posted by LDS (Post 2519617)
Are you using it for music production or post? I wonder if it is more designed with the notion of levelling dialogue than singing?

I tried it on dialogue for a dubbed show (so VERY clean audio), and didn‘t like the results at all. It either does barely anything or, if you dial it in a little harder, it's pumping like heck. Tried all different modes and consulted the manual, so I think I've given it a more or less throrugh try.
Much prefer Waverider and Defaulter for leveling out things prior to mixing.
This thing here's one for the bin, imho. At least for post.

Blinkofani 03-20-2019 04:19 AM

On top of the page of your products and subscription, there’s a «*click here to claim your offer*». Once done it will appear as one of your last product. That did the trick for me anyway.

Blink