Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Altiverb's hidden gem.... (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=380867)

Marsdy 05-14-2016 01:44 PM

Altiverb's hidden gem....

...or why Altiverb is the best algorithmic reverb!

I can't find an agorithmic reverb I really like. Back to Altiverb.

As a composer I do a lot of orchestral mockups. By far my favourite orchestra IR isn't any of the concert halls or soundstages but the St. Joseph chapel IR.

Altiverb now has a pretty comprehensive feature set for a convolution reverb.

So.... Load the St Joseph chapel IR then think of it as an algorithmic verb plug-in. It can do ANYTHING. from a tiny drum space, epic drum room to a rich vocal plate and everything in between. It sounds, rich, silky and expensive. None of the other IRs I've tried respond to really radical parameter changes like this one although the Utrecht chapel is worth a listen too.

Such a shame Altiverb isn't going to get a DSP version.

Stig Eliassen 05-14-2016 11:58 PM

Re: Altiverb's hidden gem....

Thanks for the tip. I don't use Altiverb nearly enough. It's a great plugin.

BobbyDazzler 05-15-2016 02:32 AM

The Gas Holders are also amazing if you're going for one of those crazy long verbs. Smooth and Rich

dwaynedelario 06-24-2016 11:36 AM

Just used this today on a film. Sounds awesome. Thanks for the heads up!

Marsdy 06-24-2016 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwaynedelario (Post 2366147)
Just used this today on a film. Sounds awesome. Thanks for the heads up!

Thank you!

Oblivion777 06-29-2016 03:39 PM

Did you see this:

Indoor features everything we ever dreamed of putting into a convolution reverb built for audio post.
For starters it is simpler, faster, more reliable better sounding and lighter on the CPU then ever before.
It goes up to 9 channels, has click- and zipper-free changes that are instant, and adds AAX DSP. And Indoor has several motion modes, including input-pan-following reverb.

AAX-DSP only at 44.1/48kHz, though. :-)

Marsdy 06-29-2016 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oblivion777 (Post 2367174)
Did you see this:

Indoor features everything we ever dreamed of putting into a convolution reverb built for audio post.
For starters it is simpler, faster, more reliable better sounding and lighter on the CPU then ever before.
It goes up to 9 channels, has click- and zipper-free changes that are instant, and adds AAX DSP. And Indoor has several motion modes, including input-pan-following reverb.

AAX-DSP only at 44.1/48kHz, though. :-)

Excellent, especially for the post pro guys buy why no Altiverb DSP version?

mesaone 07-09-2016 07:35 PM

LiquidSonics did something interesting; they made a version of their Reverberate Core convolution plugin that could use CUDA processing to tap your graphics card to crunch numbers for audio DSP (similar to Adobe's Mercury Playback Engine)

It ended up not being beneficial outside of a proof-of-concept because the latency was not optimal. But this does show they have an interest in this kind of thing.

I think if anyone would be open to developing AAX-DSP for an already lean-and-mean convolution reverb, it would be them. Maybe they'll be convinced by a survey or signature campaign? Quinto Sardo has already shown us that user response can make things happen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oblivion777 (Post 2367174)

I am floored. The future is now. And it's probably really expensive :D but this is neat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDh7KwSuo1I