Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   PT does not follow S3 Banking when in VCA Master Mode (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=381027)

J-S-Q 05-18-2017 03:40 AM

Re: PT does not follow S3 Banking when in VCA Master Mode

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeyplayerG (Post 2430959)
Is this problem PT specific, or does this happen with Nuendo/Cubase, Logic, DP, etc. :confused:

This issue does not affect Cubase/Nuendo because:

A) There is no VCA spill feature with Cubase/Nuendo.

B) The mixer/arrange page do not follow banking on the S3 anyway (at least not until you actually select a channel on the S3).

EddieJones 05-18-2017 09:55 AM

Just picking this up. I think what should happen when spilling a VCA is either it should not scroll PT at all or scroll to the first slave/group track?
One might be easier in software to implement but which do you guys think would be best ?

yoerik roevens 05-18-2017 11:35 AM

It should definitely scroll to the first spilled track (first track of the spilled VCA).
Even if there's fixed tracks on the first faders in the current layout!
(let's say you want your monitor level or master fader to sit on channel 1 forever, which would mean the first spilled track will be on fader 2 or higher)

That's the only way to quickly navigate large sessions. Would there be any reason why PT would jump to other tracks than the ones you're spilling?

As for 'not scrolling at all' that's exactly what happens if you turn the feature of.

For those who want to enable/disable this frequently, it would be great if the the 'edit/mix windows follows...' prefs are added to the Eucon commands, so you can assign it a softkey (which I find very convenient for toggling trim mode on sends e.g.)

KeyplayerG 05-19-2017 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-S-Q (Post 2431042)
This issue does not affect Cubase/Nuendo because:

A) There is no VCA spill feature with Cubase/Nuendo.

B) The mixer/arrange page do not follow banking on the S3 anyway (at least not until you actually select a channel on the S3).

Nuendo has VCA Spill. It's just called the "Expand" function in Nuage.

ha2dorff 05-20-2017 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2431129)
Just picking this up. I think what should happen when spilling a VCA is either it should not scroll PT at all or scroll to the first slave/group track?

One might be easier in software to implement but which do you guys think would be best ?

My vote: Scroll to the first

Basket 05-21-2017 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ha2dorff (Post 2431539)
My vote: Scroll to the first

YES!

J-S-Q 05-22-2017 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeyplayerG (Post 2431421)
Nuendo has VCA Spill. It's just called the "Expand" function in Nuage.

Cubase also effectively has VCA spill WITHIN THE SOFTWARE (It's a feature called "Show Channels connected to First Selected Channel). The issue is that the spill is not reflected on the control surface. This is the case in Cubase and as far as I'm aware it's the case in Nuendo too.

bobbyguelz 05-23-2017 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2431129)

I agree as well Eddie... I think it'd be most useful to have it scroll to the first track in the slaved group. This would be so nice to have implemented to make using VCA's more visually appealing to use in post and music. :-)

yop22 11-10-2017 09:17 AM

Hi Jonah,
Has eucon 3.7 fixed the s3 vca spill scrolling issue for you ?
Thanks
Jerome

reichman 11-09-2018 01:49 PM

I need scroll to the first slave too!

VCA spill exists to simplify big track counts. Often I need to see where I am in the edit window in order to grab the right slave fader. Thanks Eddie!