Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2020 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   How to determine final version you can run if you let support plan lapse (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=409378)

bashville 04-07-2020 10:09 AM

How to determine final version you can run if you let support plan lapse

I'm keeping the perpetual license, but the last day of my support plan was March 31st, the day 2020.03 was released. Can I run it? I don't want to install it in the hopes of trying it out, then have to go through uninstalling and reinstalling with any subsequent licensing problems.

Of course I can't get a case number just to ask the question at this point. It's really more of a sales question but they need to be able to look at my account.

Any ideas about the best way to ask that question?

thanks for any info--

Southsidemusic 04-07-2020 10:12 AM

Re: How to determine final version you can run if you let support plan lapse

Goto your ilok account and right click the license and you will see a release date date limit and can look at the version your license can run.

bashville 04-07-2020 10:29 AM

Within the license manager? Looking into the "details", there is no information like that. It has the date that the license was deposited, and it just says it's active on my iLok. Maybe it's a bookkeeping thing they haven't gotten around to yet?

jeffro 04-07-2020 11:16 AM

For the license in question... right+click > Show Details in iLok License Manager.

It should have Release Limit and "Versions released on or before xx/xx/xx" at the bottom of the Details tab.

bashville 04-07-2020 01:18 PM

Aha of course the scrolling window....

So my release limit says "Versions released on or before 3/31/20"

Which should include 2020.03, correct? Because that was released on March 31st. Ha right before the limit

Southsidemusic 04-07-2020 02:05 PM

It would include the 2020.3 then as it was on march 31st.

bashville 04-07-2020 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southsidemusic (Post 2560546)
it would include the 2020.3 then as it was on march 31st.

🙂👍🏼

StillHollow 04-12-2020 05:10 PM

How to determine final version you can run if you let support plan lapse

Quote:

Originally Posted by bashville (Post 2560538)
Aha of course the scrolling window....

So my release limit says "Versions released on or before 3/31/20"

Which should include 2020.03, correct? Because that was released on March 31st. Ha right before the limit

Good for you sticking it to AVID on the last day your plan was active. This is the same as your dryer dying on the last day of the extended warranty. Congratulations since folders is likely the last great feature we will see in a long time!