Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Artist Series (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Pro Tool Upgrade 2023.3 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=424005)

jphaudio 03-24-2023 02:26 PM

Pro Tool Upgrade 2023.3

1 Attachment(s)
Just checking of anyone has upgraded Pro Tools to 2023.3? Any issues EUCON support with their Artist Series hardware? The website advises (see attached) Thank you

Ben Jenssen 03-24-2023 02:47 PM

Re: Pro Tool Upgrade 2023.3

It's still early hours, but 2023.3 seems to be working fine here with eucon 2022.12 and my Artist Mix + ipad Control.

jphaudio 03-24-2023 02:51 PM

Thank you! I have the Artist Mix and Artist Control. I was also encouraged when I saw how many plugin companies were now native compatible. Will probably upgrade tonight on my mac studio. Regards

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen (Post 2665749)
It's still early hours, but 2023.3 seems to be working fine here with eucon 2022.12 and my Artist Mix + ipad Control.

jphaudio 03-24-2023 02:55 PM

(Quick note, only mildly related to Artist Series thread.)

If I may ask, I just saw your signature gear. You are running successfully Artist Series with SSL UC1? That is cool, I though it was one or the other. I did not want to give up the artist workflow I have, but really like the SSL control surfaces.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen (Post 2665749)

Ben Jenssen 03-24-2023 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jphaudio (Post 2665754)
If I may ask, I just saw your signature gear. You are running successfully Artist Series with SSL UC1? That is cool, I though it was one or the other. I did not want to give up the artist workflow I have, but really like the SSL control surfaces.

Oh, it's been fantastic. I had used the SSL native plugins for a time, and knew it was some of the greatest stuff I'd heard, so I jumped on the UC1 the day it came out. I was actually using a Command8 at the time.

Combining it with C8 or Artist mix has never been any problem. Their interaction is very simple:
I have channelstrip plugins on all tracks, and bus compressor on a couple, and I click on 'Insert' on AM and 'Sel' on the track I want to show up on UC1 - the plugin for that track is focused in PT and therefore also on the UC1.

https://duc.avid.com/attachment.php?...5&d=1679418856

jphaudio 03-24-2023 03:54 PM

Awesome, that looks cool. I have the SSL Plugin-Alliance 9000 J on my tracks, but will transition to the SSL version with the UC1. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen (Post 2665760)
Oh, it's been fantastic. I had used the SSL native plugins for a time, and knew it was some of the greatest stuff I'd heard, so I jumped on the UC1 the day it came out. I was actually using a Command8 at the time.

Combining it with C8 or Artist mix has never been any problem. Their interaction is very simple:
I have channelstrip plugins on all tracks, and bus compressor on a couple, and I click on 'Insert' on AM and 'Sel' on the track I want to show up on UC1 - the plugin for that track is focused in PT and therefore also on the UC1.

hurdy gurdy 03-24-2023 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen (Post 2665760)

Ben, that's a really cool setup:-). Regarding AM.. Prior to installing the todays PT update I deleted pref's then installed new Silicon PT build and could get my Artist Mix to be seen (same with Avid Control) but running a session nothing would populate on Artist Mix or Avid Control. BUT, after two hours of hard work (usually I always get many things working) I restored my prior pref's and now my Artist Mix and iPad Avid Control work like a dream. Who knows:confused:. Maybe I'm out to lunch but if anyone experiences anything similar?

Peace

lb

Ben Jenssen 03-24-2023 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hurdy gurdy (Post 2665799)
Ben, that's a really cool setup:-). Regarding AM.. Prior to installing the todays PT update I deleted pref's then installed new Silicon PT build and could get my Artist Mix to be seen (same with Avid Control) but running a session nothing would populate on Artist Mix or Avid Control. BUT, after two hours of hard work (usually I always get many things working) I restored my prior pref's and now my Artist Mix and iPad Avid Control work like a dream. Who knows:confused:. Maybe I'm out to lunch but if anyone experiences anything similar?

Peace

lb

I don't know, but it could be as simple as checking, or toggling, the Eucon on/off setting in PT setup menu (thanx eddie for the tip) or as I found the other day; a restart of my AMs fixed a weird freeze of controls.

hurdy gurdy 03-24-2023 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen (Post 2665800)
I don't know, but it could be as simple as checking the Eucon on/off setting in PT setup menu (thanx eddie for the tip) or as I found the other day; a restart of my AMs fixed a weird freeze of controls.

I jumped through more hoops than a circus dog (including what you mentioned). Strange, I kept ticking what you mentioned because when I checked it was often off but then sometimes on?. I was into ethernet/trying Logic DAW (that worked) all kinds of shenanigans with uninstalling/reinstalling EuControl. It recognized everything but no joy populating when a session loaded. Perplexed but after installing old pref's from the silicon beta build everything works great. Maybe (probably) I was on a roll and missed something simple:confused:.

Enjoy,

lb

hurdy gurdy 04-14-2023 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hurdy gurdy (Post 2665801)
I jumped through more hoops than a circus dog (including what you mentioned). Strange, I kept ticking what you mentioned because when I checked it was often off but then sometimes on?. I was into ethernet/trying Logic DAW (that worked) all kinds of shenanigans with uninstalling/reinstalling EuControl. It recognized everything but no joy populating when a session loaded. Perplexed but after installing old pref's from the silicon beta build everything works great. Maybe (probably) I was on a roll and missed something simple:confused:.

Enjoy,

lb

Finally a chance to mention that I don't think this is an issue of any concern. A while ago this particular PT rig needed a complete rebuild from the ground up (including macOS -long story). It's been awhile now but everything works as it should:o.

Take care,

Len