Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Lovering volume on track channel? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=254706)

Sevdah 09-17-2009 06:42 PM

Lovering volume on track channel?

Hello all,

I have imported a track into PT. Its an mp3 track, and when i import it, it shows two identical tracks. Now when i play i hear the guitar part coming only on the right side of headphones. while drums and bass are on both. Is it possible to lover down the volume or mute the guitar part all together? And how would i do that?

Thank you for your time. :-)

Shan 09-17-2009 07:49 PM

Re: Lovering volume on track channel?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sevdah (Post 1461501)
Hello all,

I have imported a track into PT. Its an mp3 track, and when i import it, it shows two identical tracks. Now when i play i hear the guitar part coming only on the right side of headphones. while drums and bass are on both. Is it possible to lover down the volume or mute the guitar part all together? And how would i do that?

Thank you for your time. :-)

There is more than one solution to this. I myself would split the stereo track into dual mono(Right click on the track name a select "split into mono".). After that, mute the stereo track, pan the two new mono tracks to center and start grabbing faders to adjust the volume.

As far as "lovering" volumes...um...that's a topic others here might tackle as I have no experience "lovering" volumes myself. :D :D :D

Hope that helps.

Shane

Sevdah 09-17-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan (Post 1461538)
There is more than one solution to this. I myself would split the stereo track into dual mono(Right click on the track name a select "split into mono".). After that, mute the stereo track, pan the two new mono tracks to center and start grabbing faders to adjust the volume.

As far as "lovering" volumes...um...that's a topic others here might tackle as I have no experience "lovering" volumes myself. :D :D :D

Hope that helps.

Shane

Thanks Shane :-)

Fastermouse 09-18-2009 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan (Post 1461538)

Hope that helps.

Shane

Yes you have. Stop hiding the secrets! The true secret to mixing ITB is volume lovering! The truth is out there! PT has a volume lovering preset on every mix channel but you must KNOW THE CODE!

:)