Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 12 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Can't import audio in PT 12 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=391690)

danielchodges 06-13-2017 10:33 AM

Can't import audio in PT 12

Hi Everyone!

A couple of weeks ago, while working on assembling a record PT stopped letting me bring in outside audio files. When I click to import audio, an error message comes up. Anyone know how to fix this, or even just a way around it? It happens in all of my sessions, new and old across multiple hard drives. The error is pasted bellow.

Could not complete the Import Audio command because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/158347/ProTools/NewFileLibs/Cfd/MacBuild/../MacOS/Cfd_ImportAudioDialogMacOS.mm", line 573.

cwsand 06-13-2017 11:33 AM

Re: Can't import audio in PT 12

Hi, You might try a repair of permissions on the drive in question.

Rich Breen 06-13-2017 12:50 PM

1) Try working from a different drive and see what happens
2) Try trashing prefs and database/catalogs (use Pete Gates' utility)

danielchodges 06-13-2017 07:23 PM

Thanks for the replies! I tried repairing disk permissions to the drives, and that didn't seem to do it. It happens regardless of what hard drive I'm on.

So now I'll try dumping the prefs and such. Rich, can you give me any more advice on how to do this? I'm not aware of "Pete Gate's Utility".

Thank you all again for the help!

Southsidemusic 06-13-2017 07:28 PM

Here you go :-)

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t...ght=Pete+gates

danielchodges 06-13-2017 07:33 PM

Oh, awesome! Thank you!

I should have searched for it first. I'm pretty lame and new to the ways of forums.

Southsidemusic 06-14-2017 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danielchodges (Post 2434933)
Oh, awesome! Thank you!

I should have searched for it first. I'm pretty lame and new to the ways of forums.

You are most welcome and glad to help :-)

danielchodges 06-19-2017 09:43 AM

Hi again everyone!

I tried clearing the prefs via PG, and working off 5 different hard drives, but I'm still getting this error when I try to pull in audio files.

Any other thoughts? If I could do this session in wavelab, at this point I would just go that rout.

Here is there error again -

Could not complete the Import Audio command because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/158347/ProTools/NewFileLibs/Cfd/MacBuild/../MacOS/Cfd_ImportAudioDialogMacOS.mm", line 573.

(Use the Copy button to copy this message to the clipboard.)

john1192 06-19-2017 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danielchodges (Post 2435809)
Hi again everyone!

I tried clearing the prefs via PG, and working off 5 different hard drives, but I'm still getting this error when I try to pull in audio files.

Any other thoughts? If I could do this session in wavelab, at this point I would just go that rout.

Here is there error again -

(Use the Copy button to copy this message to the clipboard.)

may i ask the Q: what kind of Audio files are these ?? anything Exotic ?? something pro tools will not read .. system info, OS, PT version, etc ..

try this to see what is happening .. if you open a Blank Session and go to import audio dialog box - can you play the files in there before importing ?? and what format does PT say they are ??

cheers john

originalscottyg 06-19-2017 10:58 AM

It's always a good idea to check for illegal characters in any of the filenames, or in any of the folder or drive names that are in the path to the files. I have had illegal characters cause assertion errors in the past. May not help, but worth a look.