Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Tips & Tricks (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   PT 5.3.1 and Waves plugins Bug? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=9656)

Gio Mix 02-13-2003 04:28 PM

PT 5.3.1 and Waves plugins Bug?

Hi there,
I'm running PT 5.3.1 and Waves 3.6 and I've noticed that if I have a plug in open and I need to nudge a region around using the + and - keys, instead of moving the regions it highligts an input field. On R compressor it tries to set a value on the compressor output.
I've also made sure the edit window is active, and it still does it.
The only way around is to close the plugin window, do my nudging and then opening it again.
Has anyone seen this?
Any tips?

bullyboy 02-13-2003 05:28 PM

Re: PT 5.3.1 and Waves plugins Bug?

seen it,......you're not alone,.....

i think waves monopolizes the commands,...

not to worry,....

phenom 02-13-2003 07:11 PM

Definitely seen it ...and it is a pain. When Ren Compressor is open, can't use the locate marker function on the keyboard. Can screw with your production flow.

digiengineer 02-13-2003 09:49 PM

Man...I'm glad I'm not the only one to see this!

N-G-NEER 02-14-2003 03:52 AM

It has crashed my Mac sys a few times like that going back to 5.3. I think as the other gent said it appears that Waves monopolizes the comands or the key strokes

soundlife2 02-14-2003 09:42 AM

This has definitely been an issue with Waves all the way back to Waves 2.8.1.

Absolutely....Waves monopolizes the keyboard while the plug-ins are open. However, there is a way around this annoyance:

When you have completed inputing your values in the Waves plugin, instead of hitting the ENTER key, hit the RETURN key. This releases the keyboard focus on the Waves plugin back to ProTools.

Yes...this is a workaround but it definitely does help.

Cheers

parak 02-14-2003 10:16 AM

I think that if you tap the ESC key it will take you out of Waves text fields and Pro Tools regains keyboard focus. Just gotta remember to do it after every adjustment you make in Waves.

iank 02-14-2003 11:11 AM

This happens to me as well,it always takes me a couple of seconds to figure out what was wrong. I close the plugin window now after I'm done with it. I didn't know it was a bug, I just figured I was doing something wrong!

Marcus Acker 02-14-2003 01:47 PM

When i have metaflanger(waves bundle plug ins) active...MY track plays, but stops until i put no insert on the track..ne-one seen this? Also...how do you make a new topic on here?

kid pro 02-18-2003 08:55 AM

Go to the top or bottom of the web page and click "new topic".

I'll have to try the return and esc key tricks, thanks!

-kid pro