Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2018 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Instrument track arming issue (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=399715)

hmac 06-11-2018 04:37 PM

Instrument track arming issue

I don't recall having this issue before, so maybe it's 2018, not sure.

In a session with both audio and instrument tracks, with all but the instrument tracks armed, as soon as I arm any instrument track, all the audio tracks are disarmed. Big pain.

I've tried it with or without an instrument inserted in the instrument track, same problem.

Help appreciated.

climber 06-11-2018 08:31 PM

Re: Instrument track arming issue

Never noticed this, but then I never record on an instrument track!

hmac 06-12-2018 10:43 AM

Interesting, Climber. Could you explain why you don't record on an instrument track? Sounds like you may have a better approach.

Top Jimmy 06-12-2018 11:50 AM

I think you need to hold a modifier key when record enabling he instrument track if you want the rest to stay enabled. I don't remember which one. Try holding either the alt, ctrl, or cmmd key while enabling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dizzi45Z 06-12-2018 12:18 PM

I am also dealing with this problem and it seems like it is a new preference somewhere that I haven't been able to find yet. But I find it very annoying too.

It used to be that pressing the record enable buttons from audio to MIDI/Instrument tracks would keep the audio tracks armed. But now it clears previous record enabled tracks kind of like when you go between instrument tracks.

I really don't like the new change and I hope somebody knows where a preference is to change it back.

climber 06-12-2018 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hmac (Post 2491307)
Interesting, Climber. Could you explain why you don't record on an instrument track? Sounds like you may have a better approach.

I record to a separate midi track that has its output directed at the instrument track. Gives more flexibility

Top Jimmy 06-13-2018 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hmac (Post 2491200)
In a session with both audio and instrument tracks, with all but the instrument tracks armed, as soon as I arm any instrument track, all the audio tracks are disarmed. Big pain.

The behavior may have changed a little bit but record enabling instrument and midi tracks always disabled others as far as I remember. It's the shift key that you hold when enabling the instrument or midi track that will leave the others enabled.

DetroitT 06-13-2018 03:59 PM

Check in Pro Tools preferences.
Toss AAE prefs.