Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Trim mode disagreement (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=410880)

Norad155 06-24-2020 11:02 AM

Trim mode disagreement

Sometimes the Trim Light on the dock and the trim status of the focused track in Pro Tools disagree. I cannot find a consistent set of steps to reproduce...
also I can't tell if it's the actual trim modes disagreeing between PT and Eucon... or just the light not working...

Happening for anyone else?

EddieJones 06-24-2020 11:42 AM

Re: Trim mode disagreement

What do you have this setting set to: Dock Automation Mode Buttons Follow Attention Track

Norad155 06-25-2020 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieJones (Post 2570601)
What do you have this setting set to: Dock Automation Mode Buttons Follow Attention Track

It is on, and functions as it should... I'd say 97% of the time... just occasionally disagrees. I press 3 times and they get back in sync. I'm going to pay more attention next time to see if I can get a more solid diagnosis for you.

Norad155 08-05-2020 12:37 PM

... Still can't reproduce reliably...

but more info.

- The indicator on the track in protools, and the trim mode light on Eucon agree that trim mode is off.
- The track functions like trim mode is off.
- The yellow "trim line" on the volume automation track is showing. Which it should NOT be.

If I toggle trim mode on/off on either the track or the control surface the yellow line goes away and it functions normally.

So might not be a Eucon issue at all... could be a "yellow trim line" issue.

EddieJones 08-05-2020 12:45 PM

What version of PT is this ?

Norad155 08-05-2020 04:15 PM

pt 2020.5
latest eucon... 20.6.1?

EddieJones 08-06-2020 11:44 AM

I think you must have Coalese Trim turned off? You are seeing that theres still a Trim value thats not merged.

Norad155 08-07-2020 05:20 AM

nope. Coalesce after every pass
and it's a straight yellow line.

Next time it does it I'll try to make a video.

Rich Breen 08-07-2020 01:58 PM

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but I'm not sure there's a problem here; It's perfectly possible to display trim automation even if the fader is not in trim - just toggling through display modes (ctl-cmd-left/right arrow) will show you the trim line regardless of automation status.

Norad155 08-07-2020 05:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ah. good thought, but my explanation wasn't super clear.

It's not the volume trim view... this is still in the volume automation view... shows the straight yellow line as if in trim..., but isn't really

(recreation attached)