Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Licensing & Accounts (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Upgrade Plan or Subscription is current but new license not deposited for 12.6/later (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=384586)

thanos4 09-28-2016 08:31 AM

Upgrade Plan or Subscription is current but new license not deposited for 12.6/later

didn't receive any new license in my ilok account...

thanos4 09-28-2016 09:00 AM

Re: 12.6 released!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOM@METRO (Post 2384195)
Keep in mind, you will need the new ilok licenses to run 12.6. It will require a surrender of old licenses. Do this first to prevent down-time.

yaiks....thought it could do it's thing upon launch...
now i have to wait till the new license deposit...hope today...

diamondschwin 09-28-2016 09:13 AM

Seriously Avid? You push out software updates without providing authorizations first?

I really know NO other company, large or small who consistently has issues like this.

I know everyone is going to say "dont jump on 12.6 so soon"

But if Avid decides to release it (which hopefully they intentionally did, otherwise theres really some terrible communication within their own offices) shouldnt they make sure they have provided licenses to people to USE it?

So many times Avid misfires with stuff like this, and I am boots on the ground, using, supporting and implementing their technology everyday trying to deal with this stuff.

Mitchel 09-28-2016 09:16 AM

Re: Seriously Avid? You push out software updates without providing authorizations fi

+1!!!
iLok Authorisation PLEASE Avid!

TVPostSound 09-28-2016 09:16 AM

Re: Seriously Avid? You push out software updates without providing authorizations fi

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamondschwin (Post 2384201)
I really know NO other company, large or small who consistently has issues like this.

But if Avid decides to release it (which hopefully they intentionally did, otherwise theres really some terrible communication within their own offices) shouldnt they make sure they have provided licenses to people to USE it?

So many times Avid misfires with stuff like this, and I am boots on the ground, using, supporting and implementing their technology everyday trying to deal with this stuff.

12.6 has not been released.

Assets are being rolled out as we speak into iLk accounts.

My licenses were deposited last night, and this morning.

thanos4 09-28-2016 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TVPostSound (Post 2384203)

i have just installed it but haven't got the license ...:( my fault!!!
check your avid account

diamondschwin 09-28-2016 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TVPostSound (Post 2384203)

really? cuz i got a laptop here with 12.6 ready for testing before deploying to the other 6 systems I am responsible for (people are clamoring for clip effects)

NickCia 09-28-2016 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamondschwin (Post 2384201)

+1000

del cosmos 09-28-2016 09:21 AM

Re: 12.6 released!!!

12.6 installers appear on my account but theres no ilok authorization.

Does Avid will send this authorization automaticaly?

I don't understand.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diamondschwin 09-28-2016 09:22 AM

in fact its available in three separate Avid accounts I have access to and manage...

So if this isnt a 'release' what is?