Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Licensing & Accounts (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Renewed Pro Tools Subscription but my license isn't showing up in Ilok (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=390044)

fogger808 03-28-2017 07:49 PM

Renewed Pro Tools Subscription but my license isn't showing up in Ilok

I just renewed for two more years of Pro Tools 12 for Education today. Completed order and all that. In my product page it shows that my license now expires in 2019. When I open pro Tools 12 it says subscription license has expired. (You don't have any licenses/none are pending for delivery etc...) I updated to the newest version of Ilok manager, but my subscription plan still says it expired a few weeks ago. I can't find the serial number that I need to put into Ilok manager to retrieve my license. Order #5173819

spoons 03-29-2017 06:42 AM

Re: Renewed Pro Tools 12 Subscription but my license isn't showing up in Ilok

Same here. Renewed 2 days ago and still no iLok license.

AWAL3204 04-01-2017 11:55 PM

Im having the exact same problem. i renewed my protools 12 subscription and it says active on my avid account but it says expired on my ilok. this is causing me not to be able to get into my protools program because it says i don't have a active license. i even got a confirmation email that everything was paid for. my order ID number is (5179909).PLEASE HELP FIX THIS BECAUSE THIS IS HOW I MAKE A LIVING

Southsidemusic 04-02-2017 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoons (Post 2421813)

Hey Spoons, Love your little studio in the garden shed :-) Looks super cozy and well appointed .. and the pictures looks like a crisp morning in late fall or early spring !!! Great Job !!

Sorry for the off-topic.

I am escalating all your posts so Avid can have a look. Sumday now but I would expect an answer tomorrow morning when they are in their seats again.

Hang in there.

jeffro 04-05-2017 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fogger808 (Post 2421731)
I just renewed for two more years of Pro Tools 12 for Education today. Completed order and all that. In my product page it shows that my license now expires in 2019. When I open pro Tools 12 it says subscription license has expired. (You don't have any licenses/none are pending for delivery etc...) I updated to the newest version of Ilok manager, but my subscription plan still says it expired a few weeks ago. I can't find the serial number that I need to put into Ilok manager to retrieve my license. Order #5173819

Welcome to the community.

I see that licenses were deposited 3/29 via your support case.

jeffro 04-05-2017 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoons (Post 2421813)

The OP is referring to a Pro Tools subscription, but you have a Pro Tools HD Upgrade and Support Plan with a perpetual license. No new license is deposited when renewing that - renewing extended the Release Limit date (seen in Details for the license/bundle in ILM) for your bundle, and extends the expiration of your Pro Tools HD Plan (for bonus plugins). Everything looks correct in your Avid and iLok accounts.

jeffro 04-05-2017 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AWAL3204 (Post 2422663)
Im having the exact same problem. i renewed my protools 12 subscription and it says active on my avid account but it says expired on my ilok. this is causing me not to be able to get into my protools program because it says i don't have a active license. i even got a confirmation email that everything was paid for. my order ID number is (5179909).PLEASE HELP FIX THIS BECAUSE THIS IS HOW I MAKE A LIVING

Sorry for the trouble. I see this was solved via your support case.

spoons 04-06-2017 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2422664)
Hey Spoons, Love your little studio in the garden shed :-) Looks super cozy and well appointed .. and the pictures looks like a crisp morning in late fall or early spring !!! Great Job !!

Sorry for the off-topic.

I am escalating all your posts so Avid can have a look. Sumday now but I would expect an answer tomorrow morning when they are in their seats again.

Hang in there.

Thanks ! My shed studio is a lovely place to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spoons 04-06-2017 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffro (Post 2423343)
The OP is referring to a Pro Tools subscription, but you have a Pro Tools HD Upgrade and Support Plan with a perpetual license. No new license is deposited when renewing that - renewing extended the Release Limit date (seen in Details for the license/bundle in ILM) for your bundle, and extends the expiration of your Pro Tools HD Plan (for bonus plugins). Everything looks correct in your Avid and iLok accounts.

Yes, support rang me and explained that. No need to panic.
Thanks for looking into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

halou 04-17-2017 05:04 PM

Same issue here. I opened a support case# 03190174

sridhar_narasimhan 10-27-2017 09:57 PM

Even I have the same problem. Renewed Pro Tools Annual Upgrade Plan. But iLok is not reflecting it.

jeffro 10-30-2017 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halou (Post 2425450)
Same issue here. I opened a support case# 03190174

Looks like this was solved via your support case with Eric.

jeffro 10-30-2017 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sridhar_narasimhan (Post 2456607)
Even I have the same problem. Renewed Pro Tools Annual Upgrade Plan. But iLok is not reflecting it.

Renewing your Upgrade Plan changes the Release Limit (date) on your Pro Tools Perpetual Bundle license so that it authorizes new Pro Tools releases. I verified yours, but you can check this in iLok License Manager (Show Details on your license). Since you didn't renew the Plug-Ins and Support Plan your Pro Tools Plan license expired, but that simply authorizes the bonus Space plug-in. There's also an Upgrades license, but that was never implemented so can be deactivated (and Hidden) in iLok License Manager. See the Pro Tools Licensing FAQ for info.

tordek42 10-30-2017 02:42 PM

Hey all, I'm having the same issue. On Avid it says I've auto-renewed but it's not updating on iLok. I've tried removing the licence and re-adding it.

jeffro 10-30-2017 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tordek42 (Post 2457066)
Hey all, I'm having the same issue. On Avid it says I've auto-renewed but it's not updating on iLok. I've tried removing the licence and re-adding it.

Redeposited your licenses to get you up and running, and started a case to get CS to look into this further.

theaxeno1 10-31-2017 06:38 PM

Having the same problem for the past 2 days, on my account it says it's paid and will renew on the 13th, but when i try to sign in i'm told my subscription has expired, same with on ilok. Please fix this ASAP!

jeffro 10-31-2017 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theaxeno1 (Post 2457224)
Having the same problem for the past 2 days, on my account it says it's paid and will renew on the 13th, but when i try to sign in i'm told my subscription has expired, same with on ilok. Please fix this ASAP!

Welcome to the community and sorry you are having trouble.

Have you tried to contact Avid CS yet?

MixedbyATX 03-03-2018 03:54 AM

Apparently this is an ongoing issue with Avid as I am now experiencing this problem with my Pro Tools 2018 subscription. The license literally ran out yesterday. Updated my billing info this morning, and now the subscription is active again but it doesn't reflect that on my iLok.

I am still not able to use pro tools. Its now, 7am here in Atlanta and I have sessions all day today. Deadlines to meet. I'd hate to disappoint clients due to something that should be working since you guys now have my money.

Please help!

MixedbyATX 03-03-2018 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixedbyATX (Post 2478246)
Apparently this is an ongoing issue with Avid as I am now experiencing this problem with my Pro Tools 2018 subscription. The license literally ran out yesterday. Updated my billing info this morning, and now the subscription is active again but it doesn't reflect that on my iLok.

I am still not able to use pro tools. Its now, 7am here in Atlanta and I have sessions all day today. Deadlines to meet. I'd hate to disappoint clients due to something that should be working since you guys now have my money.

Please help!

I submitted a trouble ticket on Avid's website. I need this resolved ASAP!! If I had of known Avid wasn't fast on updating their subscriptions, I wouldn't have put all my eggs in their basket!! :mad::mad::mad: This is bogus. I'm literally losing money right now.

jeffro 03-03-2018 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixedbyATX (Post 2478246)

Please help!

Sorry for the interruption. Looks like there was a billing issue 2/28 so that prevented auto-renewal from occurring. Updating your billing info (which you did today) can take time to process and refresh the license, so best if urgent to simply start a new Subscription. Looks like you did that, so will alert CS to make sure you don't get billed for both.

dajxd 03-06-2018 09:37 AM

Re: Renewed Pro Tools Subscription but my license isn't showing up in Ilok

I also need help on this- renewed my academic eligibility on Friday or Saturday, Avid's site says everything is normal (but that it will renew on a past date) but my iLok shows no active subscription and Avid Application Manager shows no subscriptions at all. There needs to be a better way to deal with this, this doesn't seem rare and Pro Tools is supposed to be professional software.

vamusic 04-09-2018 12:35 PM

I'm having the same issue and I'm losing work.
Case #: 03446261

jeffro 04-09-2018 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dajxd (Post 2478686)
I also need help on this- renewed my academic eligibility on Friday or Saturday, Avid's site says everything is normal (but that it will renew on a past date) but my iLok shows no active subscription and Avid Application Manager shows no subscriptions at all. There needs to be a better way to deal with this, this doesn't seem rare and Pro Tools is supposed to be professional software.

I see both Pro Tools Subscription and Pro Tools Plan (for Space) deposited 3/6 have a 5/5/2018 expiration. The Pro Tools Plan license is not activated to your iLok, but an older expired one is in addition to an older expired Pro Tools Subscription. Will revoke the expired licenses to clean this up. Please activate the current Pro Tools Plan license if you are using the Space plug-in and Synchronize your iLok in iLok License Manager. Thanks!

jeffro 04-09-2018 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vamusic (Post 2483979)
I'm having the same issue and I'm losing work.
Case #: 03446261

Your case is in the queue so we deposited temp licenses to get you up and running now. Please activate those (and deactivate the others) in iLok License Manager. Thanks!

sleepingtiger 04-09-2018 01:28 PM

Same issue here. Thread I started this morning:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=398529

jeffro 04-09-2018 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepingtiger (Post 2483991)
Same issue here. Thread I started this morning:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=398529

Answered on your thread. (Didn't merge them since this thread is about Subscription but you have an Upgrade Plan with a Perpetual license.)

signalflow313 04-18-2018 04:21 PM

Having same problem. Case No. 03453598 please help

juhatka 04-19-2018 01:47 AM

Same problem here. Help please.

Case Number 03453780

jeffro 04-19-2018 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by signalflow313 (Post 2485312)
Having same problem. Case No. 03453598 please help

This was handled via your support case.

jeffro 04-19-2018 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juhatka (Post 2485356)
Same problem here. Help please.

Case Number 03453780

This was handled via your support case.

niconico 04-01-2020 08:29 AM

Ilok - subscription won't renew

Hello, When i tried to open Pro Tools today i got an error that no visible license exists on my ilok. The ilok manager says my subscription expired last week but within avid account manager my subscription is active (plus my payment went through last week as well). If i try to manually refresh the license in ilok it says renewal is pending and to contact the provider (avid).

Anyone experiencing this and know a work around?

xpandnz 05-17-2020 11:36 PM

Re: Ilok - subscription won't renew

I am having the same issue!