Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Quick keys or Shortcut for Mute? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=295929)

Goldencd 03-02-2011 11:04 AM

Quick keys or Shortcut for Mute?

I know that in PT 9 on OSX you can assign new shortcuts in system pref. Has anyone had any luck doing this and in specific assigning one for "Mute"?

thanks.

lexaudio 03-02-2011 04:49 PM

Re: Quick keys or Shortcut for Mute?

Are you talking about muting a region or muting a track.

To mute a region, command + M

To mute a track, track needs to be selected, Shift + M
Same with solo.

LEX

Goldencd 03-02-2011 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lexaudio (Post 1760612)

Same with solo.

LEX

I was talking about muting a track. I had no idea it was that easy. Any idea if I can map it to a number on the numeric keypad? I am looking for a easy way to mute and record at the same time... so "3" and "mute mapped to a number" so I can bypass the minimal latency that Avid still seems to screw third party Interfaces with.

iyaron 03-03-2011 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lexaudio (Post 1760612)

Same with solo.

LEX

Do you use quick keys? Seems liek a great idea and SOS has an article in their recent extra issue but I am looking for simple how to....?:-)

Goldencd 03-03-2011 12:04 PM

Quick Keys are great! The problem with that Mute method is when SHIFT is selected, "3" on numeric pad does't trigger record or quick punch. So have instant "mute" or Ghetto Monitor input select (since avid won't give us the real thing" is not possible.

Everytime I think I find something that will work, I get road blocked. More and more it seems the only option is back to HD... but what will thunderbolt bring and is it worth holding out to see?

I would really like to keep my apogee conversion.

xbook 03-04-2011 08:31 AM

Quickeys could do this for you no problemo. Here's how I would program it:

step1:
Keystroke Macro
SHIFT-M

step2:
pause
0.2 seconds

step3:
CMD-SPACEBAR

Also prior to the Step1 you could throw in a SHIFT-R to have the shortcut put the track you are selected on into record ready. If you do though, I would also suggest a .1 second pause before the SHIFT-M.

You can choose which keystroke triggers your shortcut in Quickeys, and even restrict it to only working in ProTools. That way you can still use your number pad in other parts of the OS normally. If you do end choosing 3 over on the 10key, it will override the PT function of that key, so you know.

If you want I can write that shortcut out for ya, and send it. Startly, the guys who make Quickeys offer a 30day demo of the app if you want to check it out.

ReynaldoPena 10-24-2020 10:54 PM

I don't know if it's because I'm on Pro Tools First or what but I use Command + M and the regions do not get muted. Can anyone help?

musicman691 10-26-2020 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynaldoPena (Post 2581036)
I don't know if it's because I'm on Pro Tools First or what but I use Command + M and the regions do not get muted. Can anyone help?

What operating system are you using?
If OSX have you turned off keyboard shortcuts in system preferences?