Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Making Midi Track From Audio (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=273736)

RubyQueen 05-10-2010 11:11 AM

Making Midi Track From Audio

I want to make a midi track that corresponds to my audio bass track so I can enhance the audio bass track with a sampled midi bass that will follow the audio bass. Does PTLE 8.0 have a way of triggering a new midi track from an audio to create a midi dup? Hope this is clear.

Thanks!

daeron80 05-10-2010 02:29 PM

Re: Making Midi Track From Audio

I don't think so. Melodyne is supposed to, and maybe Live? Any automated technique is likely to produce results that require lots of clean-up, though, unless your playing was intentionally clean to the point of being unmusical. It would probably take as little time to play the part in from a MIDI keyboard, then zoom in and align the MIDI notes with the bass transients note-by-note. There may be a way to use the transients to create a grid to which the MIDI notes could be quantized. Does elastic do that? Or Beat Detective? Not something I do much.

Darney 05-10-2010 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyQueen (Post 1606314)
I want to make a midi track that corresponds to my audio bass track so I can enhance the audio bass track with a sampled midi bass that will follow the audio bass. Does PTLE 8.0 have a way of triggering a new midi track from an audio to create a midi dup? Hope this is clear.

Thanks!

Melodyne assistant, etc. can save as midi.

Gothboy 05-10-2010 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyQueen (Post 1606314)

Was wondering the same thing! I'd like to double up a bass synth part that was done on an external sequencer.

Lorddiagram 05-10-2010 05:48 PM

Check it out the Sonuus - it's hardware and is $99. NOTE: It's monophonic.

I have one - works very well.

lD

elicious 05-10-2010 07:00 PM

besides melodyne editor,
waves tune will output midi as well...
e

nst7 05-10-2010 07:28 PM

Yes, the Waves Tune full version will, but not Waves Tune LT. Waves Tune full version is only available in Mercury, Vocal bundle, or by itself.

Dism 05-10-2010 07:39 PM

+1 for Melodyne Editor MIDI export.

Especially nice that you can export rhythmic, melodic or polyphonic.