Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   New Nirvana song autotuned? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=27509)

music 10-28-2002 11:35 AM

New Nirvana song autotuned?

Anyone know?

Keith

Jules 10-28-2002 03:48 PM

Re: New Nirvana song autotuned?

I swear I could hear it too, certainly the same phrase was cut and pasted over & over..

But does it sound bad?

I doubt it..

Auto Tune is a sort of production effect now, sort of a modern / 'cyber sound' .

Waddeva!

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Brent Hahn 10-28-2002 04:47 PM

Quote:

Auto Tune is a sort of production effect now, sort of a modern / 'cyber sound'
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I guess my only problem with it is in country music. It's kinda hard to make a close, human connection with a singer who sounds like an android. Wait -- I take that back. Cmdr. Data sounds more real than a lot of records these days.

BH

FajitaTone 10-28-2002 08:49 PM

Funny, the other day someone asked me for that "Auto Sing". I said "I have no idea what you mean. Surely the SINGER can SING?!?!?"

That was followed by the "yeah, but I want it to sound MORE MUSICAL."

I left the room.

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Jeff Schmidt 10-29-2002 12:31 AM

Havn't heard enough of it yet to tell.

The new one from Santana with Michelle Branch called Game Of Love SCREAMS Auto Tune.

doorknocker 10-29-2002 03:06 AM

Can't wait to hear Tom Waits being autotuned....

Andi

sidereal-studios 10-29-2002 11:46 AM

Interesting side note... In the song "Smells Like Teen Spirit" that's one single chorus take spliced into place each time. Editing was going on long before Pro Tools. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

John McDaniel 10-29-2002 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jeff ********
The new one from Santana with Michelle Branch called Game Of Love SCREAMS Auto Tune.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Have seen Branch on two television shows recently (Letterman and ??) and it was clear that she wasn't using Autotune on the gig. That high sustained note = OUCH!

j

c-tone 10-29-2002 08:45 PM

Quote:

sidereal-studios wrote:

Interesting side note... In the song "Smells Like Teen Spirit" that's one single chorus take spliced into place each time. Editing was going on long before Pro Tools.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes, and re-tuning vocals was going on long before Auto-Tune... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

FajitaTone 10-29-2002 08:55 PM

Quote:

quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
sidereal-studios wrote:

Interesting side note... In the song "Smells Like Teen Spirit" that's one single chorus take spliced into place each time. Editing was going on long before Pro Tools.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, and re-tuning vocals was going on long before Auto-Tune...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">We called it VOICE LESSONS

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]