Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   After recording vocals, there is no sound during playback. Why? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=291191)

sfwdslashx 01-02-2011 03:24 PM

After recording vocals, there is no sound during playback. Why?

I just bought Pro Tools SE with the M-Audio Producer USB Microphone the other week, and I've reinstalled it like three times now. I keep getting "DAE error -9060 was encountered," among other various error numbers as well.

My main problem is that when I begin recording vocals, I can hear myself just fine, so I know that the microphone is working. But about 3 out of the 4 times I do record, when I try to play it back, there is no sound. Can anyone help me?

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit with a 620GB hard drive and 4GB of memory, along with an Intel Core i5 processor on a brand new Samsung QX410 Notebook.

Ben H 01-05-2011 10:02 AM

Re: After recording vocals, there is no sound during playback. Why?

Hi sfwdslashx,

Do you see a waveform recorded on your vocal track?

Avid Product Design 01-12-2011 04:51 AM

Selecting "Mixing or Producing" in Preferences > Audio may help with this issue.

bigjohnjps 01-02-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfwdslashx (Post 1729871)
I just bought Pro Tools SE with the M-Audio Producer USB Microphone the other week, and I've reinstalled it like three times now. I keep getting "DAE error -9060 was encountered," among other various error numbers as well.

My main problem is that when I begin recording vocals, I can hear myself just fine, so I know that the microphone is working. But about 3 out of the 4 times I do record, when I try to play it back, there is no sound. Can anyone help me?

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit with a 620GB hard drive and 4GB of memory, along with an Intel Core i5 processor on a brand new Samsung QX410 Notebook.

I have the exact same issue.

i can record several times. Waveform shows up. No audio on playback.

Will have to return if I can't fix.

Kasactress 01-17-2012 03:14 PM

I am also having this problem with Pro Tools SE. I have tried doing preferences>mixing/producing and it doesn't seem to change anything. Anyone come up with a solution to this?

CPG 01-22-2012 09:10 AM

I don't know if this is relevant, however all the problems I encountered (ie errors, no playback, distorted playback, pops and cracks) were solved by getting an external hard drive....

Also, PTSE seems to work better with audio (mic'd instruments) rather than line in). Just an observation.

I recorded a 5 minute song with my band on my system, with 16 audio tracks and effects on most... not one problem. And I only use a dell inspiron 1545 3GB RAM etc...

It can be done!

Pingafuego 02-08-2012 03:36 PM

CPG, what kind of external drive are you using? USB or FireWire?

Thanks

monkeysticker 10-25-2012 01:15 AM

I resolved the crackling issue using revo uninstaller and unistalling Pro Tools SE completley. Revo will also search the registry and delete windows registry keys you have to select the option.

I found that an anti virus or anything thast uses computer resources is better not to have running, maybe even during installation.

I think the issue is the USB Producer mic drivers, one can also go to the hiden icons in the task bar and double click the m-audio icon it will open the driver mixer panel. There you can play around with the driver pre amp volume maybe just adjusting this might also resolve the issue. You can also adjust the pre amp imput level through the mixer panel. But the best thing is a clean reinstall.

Hope it helps...

Monkeysticker

Dcader10 10-25-2012 07:21 PM

Hello All,

You may have done this already but if not, did you arm it to record for that track? You also have to click on Record above and on play before starting to record.

Hope this helps,
Dcader10