Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   RTAS & TDM Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Adding Plugins to Waves License Center (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=347019)

ericlawrence 11-14-2013 10:38 AM

Adding Plugins to Waves License Center

I recently installed Pro Tool 9.0.6 on a second computer and need to bring my plugins with it. At this point I only own Waves plugins and all but one appear in my Waves License Center, that being my Dorrough Stereo plugin. I realized that it's not in there because it's from version 8, while all my other plugins are version 9. So I am wondering if I can somehow add this to my License Center without having to upgrade, or if upgrading is my only option?

YYR123 11-14-2013 10:40 AM

Re: Adding Plugins to Waves License Center

You would have to upgrade it to get it in the license center

But it's on your ilok so it goes where ever your ilok goes - which is like the waves licenser

ericlawrence 11-14-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YYR123 (Post 2102246)
But it's on your ilok so it goes where ever your ilok goes - which is like the waves licenser

That's the funny thing, I've got my iLok plugged into the computer and still no luck. Pro Tools has been asking when opening where my version 8 plugins folder is, and it hasn't accepted and folder I've tried (my Waves folder in Applications including trying all sub folders and my plugins folder in Library/Audio/Plugins) Is there somewhere else I should be looking? Is this why my Dorrough plugin isn't loading into PT?

YYR123 11-14-2013 01:01 PM

Did you install v8's plugs on that computer ?

nst7 11-14-2013 02:17 PM

You can use the installer to only install v.8 of just that plugin, and v.9 of the others.

YYR123 11-14-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nst7 (Post 2102356)
You can use the installer to only install v.8 of just that plugin, and v.9 of the others.

Yeah which is kinda what I was getting at - but NST said it more better !!! ;)

Southsidemusic 11-14-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericlawrence (Post 2102263)
That's the funny thing, I've got my iLok plugged into the computer and still no luck. Pro Tools has been asking when opening where my version 8 plugins folder is, and it hasn't accepted and folder I've tried (my Waves folder in Applications including trying all sub folders and my plugins folder in Library/Audio/Plugins) Is there somewhere else I should be looking? Is this why my Dorrough plugin isn't loading into PT?

Just to be clear, iLok assets are not the actual plugins, just the licenses of the plugins so in order for the Waves or any plugins to work they need to be installed as well so If I were in your shoes I would update to V9 as it has more plugins added and you can chuck that ilok if you don't want it anymore. The cloudbased autorizations are easier and why not be up to date with these things for the future too. The only thing you need to do is download the installer and select the waves center and the plugins you own and press run :-)

When finnished locate any old waves assets and delete them. Delete plists from digi and Avid and then enjoy your updated and ilok-less plugins from Waves :p

Best
Chris