Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Licensing & Accounts (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Updating iLok licenses for Avid Complete Plugins (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=403417)

Media Man 02-14-2019 08:41 PM

Updating iLok licenses for Avid Complete Plugins

Today I updated Pro Tools Ultimate software at the Avid website, using a code purchased from a third party, and the Avid site seemed to update and my plan expires in 2020 instead of tomorrow.

But the iLok Manager does not show the updates (new 2020 expiration dates), for neither Pro Tools Ultimate (perpetual), or for the Avid Complete Plugin Bundle which includes Space, Smack, and a few other tasty items.

Did I miss a step in the upgrade process? I cannot find any hints on the iLok Manager site.

Any help would be appreciated as the expiration date shown is 2/15/19 and I am right in the middle of a mix.

Media Man

metalmixer 02-14-2019 11:27 PM

Re: Updating iLok licenses for Avid Complete Plugins

You are ok just wait until expiration then click the renew button on you ilok account to renew the Avid Complete bundle - you can renew it until it expires - as long as your Avid says 2020 you are good to go

Media Man 02-15-2019 10:11 AM

Thanks. But where is this "renew button". I don't see in in iLok Manager.

I see a button that says "Subscription License needs to be refreshed", but nothing happens when I click it. More like a warning, not a link.

Media Man

metalmixer 02-25-2019 02:42 PM

there a major bug with Avid's renewal system - none of our UVI and Complete Plugins rewed though our support plan expires in 2020 :mad:

metalmixer 02-25-2019 02:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
????

metalmixer 02-26-2019 10:00 AM

Day 8 still nothing.... :mad:

jeffro 03-09-2019 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Man (Post 2516589)
Today I updated Pro Tools Ultimate software at the Avid website, using a code purchased from a third party, and the Avid site seemed to update and my plan expires in 2020 instead of tomorrow.

But the iLok Manager does not show the updates (new 2020 expiration dates), for neither Pro Tools Ultimate (perpetual), or for the Avid Complete Plugin Bundle which includes Space, Smack, and a few other tasty items.

Did I miss a step in the upgrade process? I cannot find any hints on the iLok Manager site.

Any help would be appreciated as the expiration date shown is 2/15/19 and I am right in the middle of a mix.

Media Man

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Man (Post 2516655)
Thanks. But where is this "renew button". I don't see in in iLok Manager.

I see a button that says "Subscription License needs to be refreshed", but nothing happens when I click it. More like a warning, not a link.

Media Man

Looks like this was handled by support on 2/15. All good?

jeffro 03-09-2019 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metalmixer (Post 2517707)
there a major bug with Avid's renewal system - none of our UVI and Complete Plugins rewed though our support plan expires in 2020 :mad:

Found multiple iLok accounts using your email address so best to contact Avid CS directly to identify the one in question - have you started a support case already?

Nish 04-25-2019 01:01 PM

Experiencing a similar issue today, extended my PT plan withing grace period and could only refresh the UVI Falcon, the PT license refresh just gave errors. Eventually tried to move my license to the ilok account instead of the dongle and there it got made inactive and expired. Yay!

Support tickets have been made both at Avid and ilok

On the side I also just noticed my renewal removed a bunch of plugins from my avid account as well, like space etc...

jeffro 04-29-2019 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nish (Post 2523045)
Experiencing a similar issue today, extended my PT plan withing grace period and could only refresh the UVI Falcon, the PT license refresh just gave errors. Eventually tried to move my license to the ilok account instead of the dongle and there it got made inactive and expired. Yay!

Support tickets have been made both at Avid and ilok

On the side I also just noticed my renewal removed a bunch of plugins from my avid account as well, like space etc...

I found your support case which looks like it's been resolved, but to clarify... the Pro Tools Plan license simply authorized Space. It was included with the Upgrade and Support Plan ($199/yr), then moved to the Plug-Ins and Support Plan ($99/yr) which became obsolete when we released the Avid Complete Plug-In Bundle ($49.99/yr) and moved support over to the Update Plan. So the Pro Tools Plan license expiring is normal since you can now get way more plug-ins for about half the price. Note also that the version of PT you can run is controlled by the Release Limit date on the PT license itself. You can check that in the license's Details in iLok License Manager. Hope this helps!