Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Licensing & Accounts (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   UVI Workstation & Falcon included with Pro Tools (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=402170)

LightWing 11-29-2018 01:36 PM

UVI Workstation & Falcon included with Pro Tools

Should be hitting all of our accounts over the next week for FREE and going forward as part of Pro Tools!

Ain't no humbug here! :)

DonaldM 11-29-2018 01:38 PM

Pro Tools - Avid Announce Inclusion Of UVI Virtual Instruments

According to the Pro Tools Expert website, Pro Tools - Avid Announce Inclusion Of UVI Virtual Instruments At No Extra Cost With Pro Tools 2018.

Quote:

The Pro Tools First users will get the UVI Workstation 3 and the Plugsound Avid Edition 2.6 GB sound pack free. Pro Tools and Pro Tools Ultimate users with a current upgrade plan will get the UVI Falcon, the Falcon Factory Sounds and the Plugsound Avid Edition 2.6 GB sound pack for free as long as they have a current upgrade plan in place.

Here's more from AVID.

JFreak 11-29-2018 01:45 PM

Re: UVI Workstation & Falcon!

i already had this workstation but it's great that avid is now taking care of it

now if they contated NI and gave us Kontakt :D :D :D

amagras 11-29-2018 01:45 PM

That's the good stuff!

noiseboyuk 11-29-2018 02:35 PM

Lovely! 2 questions...

1. Anyone know how the licensing works? I'm guessing its a time-limited iLok license, tied to your support plan.

2. I'm assuming its the regular versions with standalone, VST etc and not just AAX, but would be nice to have confirmation.

DonaldM 11-29-2018 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noiseboyuk (Post 2507430)
Lovely! 2 questions...

1. Anyone know how the licensing works? I'm guessing its a time-limited iLok license, tied to your support plan.

2. I'm assuming its the regular versions with standalone, VST etc and not just AAX, but would be nice to have confirmation.

Does UVI host VSTs? If so, I wasn't aware of that. I've had it a while, but haven't used it much.

noiseboyuk 11-29-2018 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonaldM (Post 2507431)
Does UVI host VSTs? If so, I wasn't aware of that. I've had it a while, but haven't used it much.

No sorry, I meant a VST version of Falcon, as opposed to just AAX.

Cacov 11-29-2018 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonaldM (Post 2507431)

I think he meant the other way around, support for hosts other than Pro Tools (AAX), or the full version being Standalone, AU, and VST (for use with Cubase, Studio One Logic, DP, FL Pro, etc.)

My guesses would be:

1) Definitely tied to Update and Support Plan.
2) Only AAX.

-

JFreak 11-29-2018 02:45 PM

Just try it out and report back..? :D

Cacov 11-29-2018 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2507436)
Just try it out and report back..? :D

Still not on my account... :(