Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Still Waiting... (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=274655)

stmusik 05-22-2010 12:29 PM

Still Waiting...

I ordered my HD2 rig two months ago, still haven´t seen it. is this just something here in Sweden, or is it this bad in the rest of the world as well? Avid tell me that they´re waiting for the 192 i/o...

Keybeeetsss 05-22-2010 12:36 PM

Re: Still Waiting...

Wowww 2mths???

Thatz a tad bit ridiculous & that, I doubt, has anything to do with where u are...

Shipping is shipping...

As Charles Barkley would say, "thatz torrible" :eek:

stmusik 05-22-2010 12:43 PM

I know, I mean it´s not like they have to invent something new, 192 and HD2 has been around for ages, BS from Avid, the musicstore, who has sold numerous PTHD rigs are just shaking their heads.

Keybeeetsss 05-22-2010 12:52 PM

Well thatz part of the problem.. (been around for ages as in Ancient of days:eek:)

Seriously that is a mad shame (mad spelled backwards)

Hav u spoken with anyone?

stmusik 05-23-2010 05:38 AM

Digi, or Avid or what the hell their name is, says that "Your system will probably show up during May" Yes, "Probably" I could not belive my ears, maybe they should have spent more time delivering pro gear instead of making a PodDeluxe...If Avid show this kind of customersupport when someone is willing to spend a [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]ing fortune on their stuff, One can just imagine what it will be like if something brakes down, or even worse, is DOA. I´ve always liked PT software, but if this goes on I´m thinking of jumping the boat and well, then DP it is I guess.

Keybeeetsss 05-23-2010 05:49 AM

:o

formfunction 05-23-2010 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stmusik (Post 1613103)
Digi, or Avid or what the hell their name is, says that "Your system will probably show up during May" Yes, "Probably" I could not belive my ears, maybe they should have spent more time delivering pro gear instead of making a PodDeluxe...If Avid show this kind of customersupport when someone is willing to spend a [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]ing fortune on their stuff, One can just imagine what it will be like if something brakes down, or even worse, is DOA. I´ve always liked PT software, but if this goes on I´m thinking of jumping the boat and well, then DP it is I guess.

Did you order direct from AVID? Or through a store there? My guess is that they are giving you the runaround. I can go down the street, buy an HD rig and Fedex it to you... it should not be much more complicated than that? no?
Is this part of their exchange program?

sunburst79 05-23-2010 08:58 AM

I do know at one point they where back ordered on 192 interfaces and waiting for a shipment. If they where filling orders on a first ordered first served basis I could see why some would be delayed. Still If something was backordered and there was a significant delay something should have been said.

stmusik 05-23-2010 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by formfunction (Post 1613124)
Did you order direct from AVID? Or through a store there? My guess is that they are giving you the runaround. I can go down the street, buy an HD rig and Fedex it to you... it should not be much more complicated than that? no?
Is this part of their exchange program?

Yes, this is ordered from a store, as a part of the hardware LE-HD upgrade, maybe this is the reason? the reason I asked the question here on DUC is because I felt there might be something not 100% true in what the store is telling me...impossible to say, maybe AVID thinks that sweden is such a small market anyway, maybe the store i BS:ing me, or anything in between, but fact remains: I´ve been waiting for two months, and I´m not happy about it.

Marsdy 05-23-2010 12:31 PM

A dealer here in the UK had trouble getting hold of a 192 i/o as part of my LE to HD upgrade in January. Fortunately he found me one but he said they had a backlog and initially I was warned there would be wait of at least a few weeks. Another UK dealer said the he had 192 i/o interfaces on order since February when I spoke to him a couple of weeks ago.

Just guessing but I'd say the LE to HD thing is proving very popular. They do keep extending the deal.